U

Visitor

• 

38 Messages

Saturday, September 28th, 2024 2:30 PM

Ripoff alert for being charged erroneously with data overage

I’m back again as my data went back down to normal amounts about 6-8 months ago so I didn’t have to pay $25 more dollars a month for unlimited data and I ended unlimited data. Month by month for the last six months they made my data usage go higher every month until they said that I went over and now I’m having to pay the $25 a month again.

I am a widow and I live alone. I only use one device at a time so this is simply a ripoff ploy done purposely by XFINITY to force customers to pay them MORE MONEY!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

8 days ago

Good morning @user_e5794d, and happy Saturday, we hope you are otherwise having a wonderful start to your weekend so far! We appreciate you taking the time to reach out on our Community Forums with your data concerns. I see that you stated your data went down to normal amounts for a while and cancelled unlimited data but now your data usage is going up higher every month. I understand where your frustrations are coming from and assure you our team is on your side. I also see that you stated you live alone and only use one device at a time, how much data are you currently using? When you had this issue previously, were they able to determine the cause?

Visitor

• 

38 Messages

I have already did my time tt XFINITY repair department and XFINITY agent. Nobody did anything last time and nobody did anything this time except for pushing me onto Unlimited for $25 more dollars a month. This is nothing but a ripoff and I have already written to my state representative and I will continue doing everything possible for XFINITY to get investigated for this ripoff of customers!

Official Employee

• 

829 Messages

user_e5794d I definitely understand your concerns about your usage going up, and we definitely want to make sure it is always reporting correctly for you! We did have an issue in the past that was corrected where the usage meter was displaying higher usage than what was used, but our security team worked hard to ensure that was fixed. So, you should no longer be seeing this. I would like to pull up the account to help compare usage and ensure we get you in touch with the correct team if needed! Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here