U

Saturday, July 20th, 2024 4:17 PM

Returned New phone purchased from Online store,, but still getting charged for it!!!

This has been a nightmare.... I have recently purchased a new phone/ new line for my wife from the Xfinity store. My wife didn't like the phone so we went ahead to try to return it at the local Xfinity store here in Tucson.. and got rejected. The staff said I cannot return a merchandise purchased from Xfinity Online, to a Xfinity store ( a very confusing concept ) ... so I called the customer service which sounded like someone from India, initiated the return, dropped it off at the Fedex store, package was signed and delivered on July 3, 2024.. .and then now on July 20th I got a full charge for the phone as now I got an email from Xfinity saying they are still waiting for me return!!! 

I called again twice, wasted 2 hours with someone from India and they basically could not help me... both told me to NOT WORRY and just wait for the warehouse team to confirm they have received the phone, and someone will work on giving me a refund... 

I mean,,, really??? the phone has been returned for almost a month now, and I get full charged for it.... no one can handle this situation? Is this really how Xfinity treats their customers now?  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 months ago

@Xfinity_Tucson

Thank you for reaching out to us I would not be happy if I was charged for a phone that I had returned this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/returns-and-exchanges shows the process on how you're supposed to do the returns for your Xfinity mobile device , did you go through any of this process as this is linked directly to your mobile services that way when the device is returned it shows the return process was already initiated on your account

4 Messages

Yes, I followed all the instructions, that was how I got the Fedex Shipping Label....

4 Messages

so I checked the tracking number, to confirm the phone was shipped and delivered on July 3rd... however, on July 17th, I received an email, with a content like this "

You're past the return window

It has been 20 days since you initiated your exchange, and we haven't received your old device.

Because you already received a new device, your payment method on file will be charged for your old device's remaining payment plan balance within 48 hours.

You can view your device payment plan balance by visiting your Xfinity Mobile account."  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Perfect thanks for letting me know let's look deeper into your account please send me a direct message

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

I called the customer service right away, and after being put on hold for almost an hour, I was told everything is fine, and she was able to lcoate my package that has been receieved by the Xfinity Warehouse, and I will not be charged for the phone, and go ahead and ignore that email....

Guess what, 3 days later, I got charged $505.85.... I called again today, and wasted 2 hours, to be told the same thing, to not worry, and once the warehouse team found my phone, a refund will automatically issued..... I don't really trust what I was told, this is not convincing at all.... 

It sounds like Xfinity has lost my phone and I get charged for it....

More of a question, why in the world was I not allowed to return the phone to a local Xfinity store to begin with? it saves shipping fees, and it is a direct  return! Zero Chance for anything to go wrong during the process...!!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Go ahead and send me a direct message we can get a ticket created with her mobile escalations team to get this figured out for you because once you return the phone you shouldn't be charged for it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here