N

Wednesday, July 17th, 2024 6:05 AM

Remove fee for trying to take payment from a closed bank account!

The chat bot is useless, it refuses to connect to an agent, there's no customer service email and I can't hang on hold all day long. How can people get in touch with you people to resolve issues? This forum is NOT the place to resolve account issues!

The issue:

Recently the ACP ended, my Internet essentials plan was being credited for over a year by it, and there was only ONE active backup payment method on my account, a debit card, to cover taxes on my mobile service.

HOWEVER, When the ACP quit paying, Xfinity tried to start AUTOPAYING from a bank account that was CLOSED over a year ago! They did NOT notify me they were going to do that, and as a result, of course there was a payment return from that bank that I no longer have!

The only CURRENT form of payment on my account is valid, but they did NOT auto pay from that account!

As a result, I was charged a one time fee of $25.

I want this fee removed asap before my next bill is autopaid on the Aug 6!

And to confirm you no longer have that closed bank account number in the system!

Because I was not late paying, you guys simply took money from an account that no longer exists, and without my permission.

Why didn't you use the debit card on file for the new charges?

When I went into my account to try to figure out why the payment was returned,  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that you had put back into the system that old bank account number! It hasn't been open for over a year!

I was able to quickly make a manual payment for this month's charges, and I think, remove that closed bank acct number, and I did that within 6 days of discovering the problem.

Why did you charge that fee knowing the account number was old and not authorized for payment? It hasn't been used to make payments in almost two years!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

nlhatkanet Good morning! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with your billing, and payment concerns. This is great place to get assistance with your account and services. I'd be happy to look into your Autopay, and provide some details on what happened. Typically, Autopay information is managed through your Xfinity.com/Xfinity App. Whichever is identified as the preferred payment, will be the payment method used to make the payment. You can also have multiple account saved in there, but one identified for Autopay. So that I may look into this for you, can you please send a Direct Message with your name, and the service address we will be working with today?

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here