U

Tuesday, October 1st, 2024 7:22 PM

Refund After Cancelled Service

I cancelled my Xfinity service in August and was told on the phone while cancelling that my final bill would be pro-rated to $7.21. When I later went to pay I was charged the full month's service ($69.99). I chatted with a Xfinity representative on the website about the bill and was told that because I cancelled after the bill had been posted I would be charged the full month, but would later refunded the difference ($62.78). 

I paid the bill (big mistake I guess). A few weeks later when there was no evidence of a refund, I chatted again with Xfinity and was told the $62.78 would be deposited to my bank account in 10-15 days. Yesterday, when there was no evidence of the refund being posted, I chatted with a Xfinity agent again and was asked if I had gotten an email about the refund. I said I had not. They told me I would receive an email in 6-24 hours, where I could input payment information for the refund. 

I have not received any email. I chatted again with an agent again today who told me the refund would be issued 30 days after the last bill posted. I pointed out that the last bill posted on August 11, 2024 and that it had been over 30 days. They informed me a final bill would actually be posted Oct.1st (today) but there is no evidence of a new final bill on my account. 

I see the credits listed under "Upcoming Charges" on my account, but the refund never seems to post. I am tired of getting different answers every time I ask. I cancelled my service over a month ago. I would like my refund of $62.78. What do I need to do to receive my money back? It feels like Xfinity has stolen my money.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

18 days ago

Hello user_u001ov This is never the experience we want for you, as a current customer or one transitioning to another provider. We'd love to help bring clarity to the final charges. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, and then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, and we can get started anytime.

2 Messages

I have initiated a chat, but I am getting no reply.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Great! We will reply to you shortly on that 1-1 thread, and we do appreciate you giving us this chance to serve you user_u001ov

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here