U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, December 19th, 2022 9:35 PM

Closed

Re: Update Your Payment Method with Xfinity to Keep Your $10 Discount

I received an email from comcast :

>  Just a quick reminder: to continue receiving your full $10 per month automatic payment and paperless billing discount, you will need to update your payment method to a bank account using an account number and routing number no later than March 24, 2023. 

But I am not being reminded since I've not been told about such a change.  Is comcast going to begin charging more for customers who have been using auto payments with credit card for years?  Where is this mentioned?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_fec60b, thanks for reaching out for help with your acocunt and payments. 

Currently, in some markets, to receive the full $10.00 discount for the self servie options such as auto payment and paperless billing. Its required that customers have a bank account on file to receive the full discount. For customers that use a credit or debit cared with auto payment enrollments, a $5.00 discount is instead applied. 

According to your message, it looks like in March your market will also start following these same guidelines. If needed, we have a helpful guide here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/setting-up-auto-payments, that goes over hot to set up, change, and manage your auto payments. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityRyanE​ What is the reasoning behind this? People pay many of their bills on credit cards monthly- why is XFINITY penalizing people for using a card? 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

I, too, received this notification.  The requirement to use a bank account to receive the $10 autopay/paperless billing discount wasn't part of my service agreement when I recently upgraded/changed plans.  Regardless of whether or not the guidelines are changing for the market I'm in, this seems like a change of the service agreement.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I received this too. It seemed like a phishing email. Comcast should never ask to update this information by email with a threat to lose a discount and take you to a page where you do not authenticate to update a payment. 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@user_9aadef​ Never use the link on such an email.  Go right to your account info on the xfinity website.. The email does look authentic.  

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

Please convey the following message to the Comcast CEO: I refuse to give Comcast my banking account information.

If Comcast ceases to accept credit cards as a typical, common form of payment, especially for bill auto-pay, and especially for enabling the $10 discount on the monthly bill, then ... I'm sorry to say ... Comcast will lose me as their customer VERY SOON. T-Mobile Internet is just waiting for me to give the ok for their service, if needed (they can service my address without any problem).

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

@smihaila​ FYI - T-Mobile is now requiring bank drafts instead of CC to maintain the autopay discount. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I tried to contact a real person to give my banking info to. It was impossible. They said someone would call me back, and then surprise! they never did.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here