U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, January 18th, 2023 10:56 PM

Closed

Probable fraudulent e-mail claiming to be Xfinity

I received what I'm sure is a fraudulent e-mail from someone claiming to be Xfinity. I wanted to report it but the Report Online Security Issue feature is broken in chat, so I'm posting it here. I didn't click any links, but I worry that others might. The e-mail came from [Edited: "Personal Information"]. It was titled "Don't Lose Your $10 Monthly Discount" and it was trying to phish for my bank account information.

Xfinity
Account
  Your bill

Two months left to update your automatic payment method

Don't lose your $10 monthly automatic payment and paperless billing discount. Be sure to update your automatic payment method to a bank account using an account number and routing number no later than March 30, 2023.

Updating your payment method is easy - just have your bank account and routing number handy.  Make the switch today  here.

If you have already updated your payment method to a bank account using an account number and routing number, please disregard this email.

Thank you for choosing Xfinity.

Update your payment method

Official Employee

• 

618 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for sharing your experience @user_e7dfeb

If you check your email with Comcast's Xfinity Connect webmail ( https://connect.xfinity.com/ ), look for the XFINITY Verified Email logo next to any message that claims to be from Comcast/Xfinity. Note that anyone can insert an XFINITY Verified image in the body of an email, so it's important to note not only the presence of that image, but that it is in the correct locations:

• proceeding the email subject line in the list of emails
  • above the subject line when the email is opened.

See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/comcast-verified-email for examples of valid logo placement. A logo in the body of the email does not count.

If the logo is missing when you view the message in webmail, the message is not from Comcast. Unfortunately, AFAIK the logo is not present when you view one of their messages in an email app or program. It's only visible when you use their web email site.

Samples of recent phishing messages can be found at https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/alerts/ under "Top Phishing Scams".

To report a scam email to Comcast, follow the "Report Spam and Phishing Emails" link on https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/ and scroll down to the "Report Phishing Emails" section.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

The address listed above for Report Spam and Phishing Emails, https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/ , does not work.

Contributor

• 

127 Messages

Hello @janicepaddock thank you for sharing with us that the link to report spam emails was not working. The link appears to be working for me. What seems to happen for you when you attempt to follow the link? 

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

This is Fraud. No doubt. Just look at the email It came from.

[Image Removed: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I just receive e-mail from  xfinity@emails.xfinity.com

is it spam or legit e-mail?

Subject: Update to your discount payment method

Inbox

Xfinity <xfinity@emails.xfinity.com>

1:42 PM (4 hours ago)
to  me
Xfinity
  Your bill

Continue enjoying your discount

Effective July 20, 2023, you may see a change in your automatic payment & paperless billing discount, depending on the payment method you use for your automatic payments.

If you’re currently enrolled in automatic payments with a credit or debit card:
  • Your automatic payment and paperless billing discount will change from $10 per month to $5 per month
  • To continue to take advantage of the $10 automatic payment and paperless billing credit discount after July 20, 2023, update your automatic payment method to a bank account using a routing and account number here.
  • If you opt out of automatic payments or paperless billing this discount will be removed entirely.

Xfinity app    xfinity.com
Chat
Ask Xfinity

Facebook
YouTube
Twitter

View Online     |      Privacy Policy

THIS IS A SERVICE-RELATED EMAIL
Comcast will occasionally send you service-related emails to inform you of service upgrades or new benefits.

Please do not reply to this email, it is not monitored. If you'd like to contact us, please visit our website  here.

Comcast respects your privacy. For a complete description of our privacy policy,  click here.

© 2023 Comcast. All rights reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Comcast Cable, One Comcast Center
1701 JFK Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Attn: Email Communications

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

@

terryrim  The email is correct. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

thank you for the quick response 

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@terryrim You're welcome! Please let us know if we can assist with anything else. We are here and happy to help. 

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

1 year ago

@terryrim 

If you use webmail and you see the verified Xfinity logo by your emails then you'll know the emails are legit.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here