skyfox23's profile

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

Sunday, January 15th, 2023 3:57 AM

Closed

Pro Protection Pricing

So in a state of confusion and frustration. I just upped my speeds from Superfast to Gigabit, why did Pro Protection price go from 30 mo to now 50 mo? I’ve spent the last 4 hours going around in circles with calls over seas and have gotten no answer or explanation as to why. I got an email notice, the price of internet was increasing by 3.00 and equipment by 1.00. Thought it was great to go to Gigabit for only 2.00 more a month, yet it states Pro Protection went from 30 to 50. Overall price only increased by 2.00 but it’s with promo discounts that only I could see in provision status, yet when I get email, it only shows end price, which is correct, but no showing of discounts and Pro Protection price increase of 20 dollars! Was I in a grandfathered plan before, if so, this was explained very, very poorly to me and you guys are worse than used car salesmen and I’m pretty upset now and wished I hadn’t changed my speeds! Plus couldn’t get a tech out to change XB7 to XB8, was told had go to the store, only to later be told, no XB8 has to be shipped to me! Comcast you’re about to loose my business! Totally wasted a whole Saturday on this!!!! 

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 years ago

The concern is not "Xfinity Home Security / Devices And Equipment" help related. Thread moved here to the proper help section, and for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

2 years ago

@skyfox23

I apologize for any miscommunication there was, and any confusion that may have happened. Is the account in question a Comcast Business account?

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

@XfinityDaryl​ 

no, it’s residential. I just wanted my speed increased and if I was in a grandfathered plan, this was not explained whatsoever, plus due to language barrier, it was rather hard to understand. This whole process took 4.5 hours on the phone, I have phone log to prove this. Spoke to several reps over the phone, one of which sent me close to half a dozen provisions and it kept showing error on her side only to be transferred to someone else at which at that time, that rep said he couldn’t honor what the previous rep had quoted me for price! Also requested an XB8, only to be told two different stories of how to obtain an XB8, one rep said I had to go to the store, another rep said that’s not possible and it’s needs sent UPS. I’d preferred just having sent a tech out to switch the XB7 to XB8 at no cost as I’ve switched from a XB6 to XB7 (the one I have now) and was told at the store it’d be an easy process, but what store rep had forget to do was to update the MAC address to my XH tablet so when I came home it would not connect until I spent over an hour on the phone finally getting Tier 3 rep that gave me temporary premise pass phrase to access the screens to enter in the MAC address of my current XB7. At this point, not sure I’ll bother with XB8 because the forums here I’ve seen people here having problems with WiFi 6, and other assorted issues. The Gig speed is so/so, so far and fluctuates just as much as the Superfast I  had, due to 15 devices being connected to XB7/Superfast, was told Gig speed would address this, so far it seems about the same, not worse, not better. 

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

@skyfox23

Are you signed into the Forums? You won't be able to send us a direct message until you are first signed in. If you are, not sure why you are not seeing the icons. The "chat" icon is near the upper right corner (left of the notification bell). The next icon you select would be the one that looks like a notepad with a pencil. If you are still not seeing those, then for sure you can reach back out to us when you are at home. We here 24/7. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

2 years ago

@skyfox23

Are you thinking about waiting a bit before you upgrade to the XB8, or would you like to go a head and request one now? Currently, I cannot guarantee that if you choose to have a technician come out to your home to upgrade your modem to an XB8, that the technician will have one stocked on their truck. It would depend on their local inventory. The same goes if you choose to have us ship you one. All I can guarantee at this time, is that you will have a proper device rated to handle the speed that comes with your service. I can certainly make sure to request one; I just can't guarantee you will receive one though. With that said, I can tell you that things are getting better, but I just can't guarantee it. You can also choose to have one shipped to you, and then after receiving it, schedule a technician to come out and connect it for you. If you would like to proceed, please send us a direct message with your full name and address? To send us a direct message, click on the "chat" icon in the upper right (left of the notification bell), next click on the "pencil/notepad" icon, and lastly, select Xfinity Support.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

@XfinityDaryl​ 

I’ll wait for a bit. So as long as the XB7 I have can handle the 1.0 Gigabit speed and 15-18 devices connected? I was told XB7 is capable of 1200? 
As far as the Pro Protection pricing goes…why when I upgraded to Ultrafast, did Pro Protection go from 30 a month to 50 a month?? My overall cost is about the same, however, I worry about at the end of this 1 year promotion, where I’ll be for pricing? If I was in a grandfathered plan for Pro Protection, it’s not fair to me this was poorly explained over several hours and several provisions that always ended in error on Comcast side of things, that I be stuck with the new plan price and also not having honored the price I was quoted from the first representative I spoke to. I was quoted 125 for 6 months, then 130 for the remaining 6 months of the 1 year term. I’m now paying app 140. If the Pro Protection remained at 30 a month, this wouldn’t have happened. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

@skyfox23 XB7s a fully capable of handling 1200 Mbps. To discuss your package pricing and package change I'll need to review your account. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

@XfinityThomasC​ 

I don’t see any of the icons you’re referring to. I’m on an iPhone using Safari. I may need to wait until I get home from work.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

@XfinityThomasC​ 

are these icons on the full website, not the mobile version?

Problem Solver

• 

574 Messages

You should see it logged in through Safari on the iPhone. 

•Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
 •Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
 •Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 •Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
 •Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

2 years ago

Where’s the bell icon?? This is what I’m looking at  
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here