joweigt52's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wed, Jan 13, 2021 7:00 AM

Price Increase

I made an appointment in September at local Xfinity store to get my options on changing to Xfinity for TV, internet and phone.  I was quoted $170/month for 2 years if I signed contract.  I specifically asked if there would be any rate increases within the 2 years and I was told no.  In fact, I was told that when the 2 years was up, I could call to renegotiate my rate to continue to pay the same.  Four months into the contract, I have a rate increase of $9.  I called customer service today and was told that there was a price increase on the equipment.  So the rep at the store lied to me.  I guess that is why Xfinity has the reputation it has.  Customer service rep was no help either--kept repeating the same thing over and over.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and he refused to do that.  Shame on Xfinity.  I have worked in customer service for 30 years--I always did my best to keep customer happy.  

Responses

Again

Expert

• 

26.1K Messages

6 m ago

@joweigt52 wrote:

I made an appointment in September at local Xfinity store to get my options on changing to Xfinity for TV, internet and phone.  I was quoted $170/month for 2 years if I signed contract.  I specifically asked if there would be any rate increases within the 2 years and I was told no.  In fact, I was told that when the 2 years was up, I could call to renegotiate my rate to continue to pay the same.  Four months into the contract, I have a rate increase of $9.  I called customer service today and was told that there was a price increase on the equipment.  So the rep at the store lied to me.  I guess that is why Xfinity has the reputation it has.  Customer service rep was no help either--kept repeating the same thing over and over.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and he refused to do that.  Shame on Xfinity.  I have worked in customer service for 30 years--I always did my best to keep customer happy.  

The rep at the store didn't lie to you, they just didn't break down the difference of what could go up and what wouldn't go up.  Your plan price should not go up during the time of the contract.  Fees, taxes, and surcharges, however, will go up from time to time.

But, they did probably lie to you about renegotiating your price to stay the same after your contract ends.  Comcast rarely gives, if ever, "lifetime" contracts on any of their services.  As costs go up for them, costs will also go up for you.  It's inevitable as networks charge more for their programming content [those pesky actor salaries along with all the peripheral people's salaries], and as technology zoom forward and become more costly, Comcast has to pass on those costs in order to stay in business and bring customers the most up-to-date and quality services.  We'd all like to pay minimal or nothing at all for services but it's just not feisable.

New to the Community?

Start Here