regulat0r's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, November 14th, 2023 1:31 AM

Closed

Please update my Autopay & paperless billing discount

Hello,

I received an email from Xfinity indicating that effective December 18, 2023 the autopay & paperless billing discount will change from $10 to $5 for credit card payments. To continue receiving the $10 discount, I have to use a bank account with a routing and account number. 

I have updated my billing information to use the bank account for autopay. Could you please update my bill to reflect the $10 discount? It currently shows the $5 discount.

Thank you.

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

11 months ago

Concern moved here to the Billing help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

11 months ago

Hi, @regulat0r! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to contact XFINITY for help with updating the bill to reflect the $10 discount since you are now enrolled with a bank account. We appreciate you for enrolling in automatic payments. I am a fan of digital financing so I understand the importance of making sure you receive that discount for autopay. After researching this further, I see that whenever making changes for autopay, it will be effective within 24 hours. Make sense? 

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

11 months ago

Goodmorning,

I waited a week but unfortunately, the following discount still shows $5 instead of $10 despite updating AutoPay to use a Bank account instead of credit card:

"Automatic Payments Discount Including Paperless Billing"

1 Message

I've got the same problem. No discount shown on my next bill and I signed up for autopay last month.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Good afternoon @user_nzqay0! Thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums. The automatic payment and paperless billing discount can take up to 45 days to appear on your bill. You mentioned you signed up for autopay last month. At the top of your monthly bill, there is a date below “Billing Date”, this date is when your monthly bill generates.

Based on when your bill generates and when the discount was applied, it may not appear until the next billing cycle generated. For example, if your bill generates on the 1st of each month and the discount was applied to your account on the 2nd or a later day in the month, the discount will not appear until the next bill generates on the first of the following month.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

It has been over 3+ months since I signed up for autopay and never received the discount. Can you help me understand how I can get this applied? I pay from my bank account.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

C_Rush623, I would be happy to take a closer look at your account and see what's going on with your bill. Please send us a DM with your name and full address by doing the following: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

At least you GOT a notice that there is a change in the discount. I recently switched from a checking account auto pay to a credit card so that I could benefit from the points on it, and there is NOTHING in the Terms and Conditions saying that the discount will be reduced. I changed it back to checking and am now trying to get a Chat rep to respond to me about updating my bill. Which ALSO went up without any notice whatsoever. 

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Hello, @collet3 thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums for support, you have contacted the right place for information on billing. I found this article on our website that has the breakdown of the automatic payment/paperless statment discount: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/automatic-payment-paperless-billing. 

We started notifying customer's of changes to broadcast and regional sports fees starting in late November, and early December on customer's statements. Notifications are in the next section after the breakdown of service. 

When you sign up for a promotion, the discount is for the base service (phone, TV, Internet) so any increase to core services would be offset. Equipment, taxes, and fees can change during the life of a promotion. Here is a great article that has more information on what those are: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/most-common-taxes-fees-surcharges-on-your-bill. 

1 Message

9 months ago

my autopay also just went from $10 to $5 and I didn't change anything.  what is it suppose to be now

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_ejr0va​ 

You can no longer use a card for autopay -  you will need to use your bank account.  When you set that up you will get the full $10 discount again.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Do you have anything stating what date this took affect?  I only see that someone was emailed in December

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Hello @blackssei! I would be happy to look into any billing questions or concerns you may have. Please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here