U

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Saturday, May 14th, 2022 10:15 PM

Closed

Payment due date before billing cycle ends?

I activated my service April 15th, and my billing cycle is April 15 - May 14th. Why was my first full payment on May 1st? Shouldn’t it be prorated or be due after the billing cycle?  I have only had 2 weeks of service but had to pay for the entire month?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

259 Messages

2 years ago

Hi, @user_cdd20b, thanks for taking a moment out of your busy day to reach out to us here in Xfinity Forums! 

I know exactly how it is seeing that first bill. I just went through it after a recent upgrade to the new iPhone 13. 

Keep in mind, that first bill payment includes all charges incurred from the day the account was activated, as well as the monthly rate for the upcoming billing period.

In some locations, the service activation date may indicate the start of the billing cycle and you may not see any prorated amounts on the bill. Much more information can be found in our support document What to Expect With Your First Comcast Bill.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you, that is exactly what the link explains, but it does not answer my questions.  There were no additional charges incurred or prorated charges on my first bill. It appears to be the expected monthly charges I agreed to. let’s assume my billing cycle started the same day I activated service.

My questions -

If my billing cycle started on April  15th when I activated service, why do I have a payment due on May 1st?  Is this a pre-paid or post-paid service?  It can’t be an “in the middle of a billing cycle” service.

Who can I get to look at my bill and explain this? 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

We would like to look into this for you. Please send us a PM by doing the following:

Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page.
From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Hi Poster,

I have the exact same issue as you and they didn't answer the question you asked. Were you ever able to get an answer? My bill is due in the middle of my billing period. For example if my monthly billing period is from July 1 to July 31, why would my bill be due 18???

(edited)

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

2 years ago

my bill is like that too.  july 21-august 20 but bill is due on the 12th I think.   So I have to pay bill on august 12th for the month of july 21 to august 20.    It's a bit confusing to pay for service in middle of the service month you pay for. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

2 years ago

Ok. talk to billings.   My account billing got fix.  Here's some info on how it works.   Let's say you have  a  $50 dollar plan.   they will make bill notice on the  july16th of the month for $50 bucks covering july 21-Aug20.   They actually bill you ahead time  but let you pay in the middle of the month Aug 12th in my case.       

Here's the tricky part where it messes everyone up.     I change my plan on july 20th to be $30 bucks.   They still make me pay $50 bucks for july 21-Aug 20 even though I change my plans to be $30.     They will  credit me 20 bucks for the Aug 21-Sept 20th bill.   So $30 bill for the aug 21-sep 20th will subtract $20 bucks credit for the previous month change of bill being $50 to $30. The bill notice made on the Aug 16th will be $10 bucks for Aug 21-sep 20th.  

Basically changes will not reflect  until the NEXT  month billing.    Basically they will charge you any discount you have from autopay.  In my case, they charge me 10 bucks because I changed plans. that 10 bucks was for autopay discount. Instead of $50 bucks they charge me $60 for autopay even though the new plan don't need it. It's because the system see me as old plan.  They put back that $10 autopay discount  because my plan changed during that month was a different plan.    They basically charge you for whatever bill notice they gave you. They don't care what changes are made midway.  They see your plan to be $60 bucks for july 21-aug 20 even though you made changes july 20th before the month usage but after the billing notice on july 16th.  Plan changes gets reflected next billing rather than when you change the plan. You won't see adjustment until next month.  Before I would  get adjustment made  like few days after change of plans . Now that is not the case. They wait til next month to make plan adjustment. Basically you have to overpay and they credit back following month. It's their way to keep money on the account. They won't credit back to the credit card.

What I see is that Xfinity bill is before the start of service but they have due date midway.    My only guess is that they have it this way because they give customers leeway time to pay the bill.  They don't want your service to be shut off.   If the bill was due july 20th for july 21st to aug 20th.  And some people mis payment or forgot , their service would shut off july 21st.   Having the due date in the middle of the service allows the service to not be shut off on july 21st. It give customers time to find money to pay.

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

2 years ago

Normal company would put the due date on April 15th.    Xfinity give you leeway to pay in the middle of the month.  I'm guessing this is due to their trial period of 2 weeks?  don't like the service, you can cancel it without penalty during that first 2 weeks?    That's my guess.

Another guess is that they don't want your service shut off May 15th for the next month .They give you time to pay but making due date June 1st instead of may 15th.   

The bill notice is before the service. But the payment is in middle of service.    It's not prepaid or post paid . It's compromise of both being in the middle. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I had trouble understanding this as well so thank you for explaining Xfinity's unethical process. They shouldn't be collecting money for services not used, even if it's a buffer. This does nothing for customers except confuse them and it's inexcusable that they cannot provide this information themselves and cannot answer basic questions about their billing process. They should proactively explain this to all customers. They spend time creating a personalized video but don't tell us that our bill is due 10 days in advance of the billing cylce ending?  what makes xfinity so special that they have a different process from every other cable/internet company and don't have to tell customers about it 

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

@user_31cda3​ It's not 10 days in advance. It's 10 days after. Your paying for service already received. 

Let's say you bill is sep 4th to Oct 3rd.  Your bill due is on the Oct 14th.  The bill due is later than Oct 3rd so its' not before but after.

They give you notice of bill in the middle of service but it's due after service.  It's just that some pay early in advance because they got the notice early. one do not have to pay early just because the bill notice is early.  If one have auto payment, the bill due collected is after service date on due date. 

You do not have to pay early just because you got the bill notice early. You can wait closer to due date.

I always get around 20days early notice from bill due date.  I think they give early notice so that you can prepare to pay for it. It's like a reminder.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Net net is that this the payment schedule is very confusing.

Also, if you're signed up for automatic payments you're still paying for services in advance of your bill cycle ending. 

I.e started service on Oct 19 ... billing cycle is through November 19 yet my automatic payment hits on November 8... therefore I'm paying my Xfinity bill 9-10 days in advance of my bill cycle ending. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here