U

Sunday, June 30th, 2024 11:37 PM

Overpayment

I have overpaid my bill, how can I request a refund?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 months ago

Thank you very much for reaching out to us here @user_7f69dg. If you have overpaid your bill and your account goes into a negative status you would see a credit for that amount on your next billing statement. If you would like the negative amount refunded back to the payment method on your account we can submit a request for that from here. We would need you to send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service in order for us to make that request. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Can you purposely overpay your bill, and if so, what is the max amount you can overpay? Assuming of course the overpayment would result in a credit balance which would be used for the next few months of bills.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello user_1b76fd Yes, you can pre-pay your account in any amount you wish, and this credit will roll forward to future bills. There's no cap on this, so if you want to advance pay for 3 or 4 months, you can do so. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here