T

Tuesday, August 8th, 2023 11:38 PM

Closed

outage credit limit

Hi I had internet outage pretty much the whole of work hours yesterday, and the Xfinity provided router stopped working for more than a day last month and needed replacement by an Xfinity technician..
When I tried to request for outage credit I get this message: "Your account isn't eligible for a credit at this time. Sorry, your account has already exceeded the maximum amount of credits. We apologize for the inconvenience."
What are the outage credit limits? Could you pls help

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

401 Messages

11 months ago

@theinternetuuser Thanks for posting and asking. Indeed, we're happy to check! The Status page will post a credit for any interruption or loss of service over four hours. It will credit the day in full without you having to reach out. Its great and easy to use, so thanks for trying. It does need to be an official loss of service to qualify automatically; If there was trouble inside the home, the system may not recognize it as one, since the service was delivered to the location. Count on us though, we're happy to double check and correct the day if you weren't able to use the service!

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to 
“Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions

Hi @XfinityBenny,​ Thanks, I've reached out and provided more details on the direct message.

1 Message

11 months ago

Xfinity is awful. We have an outage every day for at least 30 minutes sometimes longer. They offered minimum credit at one point. We are canceling our service once we determine best company to switch to.  The lack of customer service and accountability with xfinity is too much. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 months ago

Please answer the question: What is the outage credit limit? 2 credit during 6 months, or what?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Good evening @lawwong! We always want to make sure you are credited for the time you are without services if our network is down. I know I personally would not want to pay full price for partial services. Have you recently experienced an interruption and was unable to get you account credited using the credit request page?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here