JJGyorki's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, May 12th, 2023 12:47 AM

Closed

New Contract/Plan - Billing Incorrect

Prior to April 2023, my monthly charge was $56.39 total. Which is $55.00 for xfinity internet, plus $1.39 tax. This of course included discounts as part of being signed into a 12 month contract. This contract with discounts was to end May 11, 2023

April 12th, I moved and had my service transferred to a new address. On April 13th I received a statement for $80.84 which showed the $24.45 balance transferred from my previous address, along with the regular $55.00 xfinity internet charge plus $1.39 tax. I went ahead and paid this balance, since it made sense to pay the balance of my previous address along with the new balance of my now current address.

On May 8th, I went ahead and contacted comcast to renew my contract which was set to expire May 11th. My new monthly charge should be $25.00 for xfinity internet, plus tax.

On May 9th I received a statement showing an account balance of $88.39 due. This statement shows no discounts, and no mention of the new contract.

I'm very confused as to why I'm being charged $88.39 for the month of May, since there was technically no lapse in my contract. My contract/discounts that were to end 05/11/2023 had been renewed 05/08/2023. My current plan even shows the correct rate, correct discounts, and correct contract dates.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for your time tonight, @JJGyorki it was a pleasure to speak with you tonight and to be able to get your account concerns resolved. We identified that since we bill a month in advance and your service contract was set to expire during the new billing period, that is why you saw the increase. Please don't ever hesitate to reach back out if you ever have any further questions or concerns, we'll always be here for you!-Richard

(edited)

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

1 year ago

@JJGyorki 

Please note it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy to send a direct message without first being asked to do so by an Official Employee.  In the future, please keep within these guidelines.

Thanks.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here