mrshaunyd's profile

Contributor

• 

47 Messages

Friday, April 15th, 2022 11:56 AM

Closed

Need help with payment arrangement

Well since I keep getting shutoff even during arrangements which I was told would not be charged for restoring service and actually was. I need to make arrangement to get caught back up, which I have scheduled. I have paid over 750 dollars last 2 months and the bill somehow goes up instead of down.

Recognized Contributor

• 

238 Messages

2 years ago

@mrshaunyd I know how important services are and I am here to help you check into your account and your payment arrangement.

Below is how a payment arrangement works and may not be what is happening with your issue, but is provided for our community if they see this thread and have questions about payment arrangements. 

A payment arrangement prevents services from being soft disconnected by allowing a customer to extend their payment. Customers can extend the payment 21 extra days from when the Payment Arrangement is first set up, but not more than 10 days past soft disconnection.

If the customer is already in soft disconnect, they can extend no more than 10 days from when they set up the Payment Arrangement. A Payment Arrangement requires the customer to pay the full past due amount owed on the future date selected.

A Payment Arrangement is different from a scheduled payment. A customer can schedule a payment at any time, for any date, for any amount. However, a scheduled payment won't stop a soft disconnect from occurring, unless:

• The payment date for the scheduled payment is before the soft disconnect date, and
  • The amount of the payment is for at least the full past due balance.

If the customer is past due and they cannot pay the full past due amount before the soft disconnect date, they must set up a Payment Arrangement through My Account, by IVR or through an agent with one-time payment access to keep services active. If the customer is not eligible for a Payment Arrangement and schedules a payment outside the eligible timeframe or schedules a payment for less than the full past-due amount, services will be soft disconnected.

Your service and billing issues are very concerning and I would like to look further into things for you.

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

How do I extend a current payment arrangement for the 13th to the 27th of July, 2022. My husband just secured a great. Job but he doesn't get paid until the 27th and I can't afford to lose my internet since I work remotely for a bank.

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to me. I do appreciate your time and patience. My name is Kim, and I am here to help. Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address, so I can look into this for you?
~~~~
To send a "Peer to peer" message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I'm on soft disconnect can I arrange to make a payment and have service restored temporarily bc I work from home and not able to do any work. 

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

Hello @user_1dba2a! I am sorry to hear that your services are being interrupted at the moment. Did you happen to see the information by colleague post up above and set up a payment arrangement via the IVR or speaking with a phone agent already? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here