SamBrown316's profile

3 Messages

Friday, June 7th, 2024 1:48 AM

My bill has gone up $48.30

Hi, I have had my current plan for many years and without any notice whatsoever, my bill went up $48.30. My promotion was up a long time ago, so I know that that was not the issue. I also looked at my statements and they do not have any "extra charges" other than saying my plan has now switched from $96+25 for 500mbps fast+xFi Complete, to $134.40+34.99 for the same package.

The only thing that had changed was I had a late payment to try to adjust the date with which I pay the bill whilst fully accepting there might be a late fee, yet no late fee appears on the statement. There is also no price hike warning on the statement either. Expecting a price hike of nearly $50 for ONE late payment in the entirety of my service is insane. I have already paid the late payment, but I cannot afford $169.39 after just paying $121 (minus -5$ for autopay).

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

4 months ago

Hello SamBrown316  Thank you so much for taking the time to reach us regarding your recent billing increase. Based on how you've explained this, it's likely that your promotional rate was not over, but just transitioned from a promotional to a non-promotional rate. These typically are lower than the regular or retail price, but not as low as the original promo price. These changes are reflected on your Xfinity statement, and term agreements are also available via My Account.  We'd love to assist in reviewing the account with you, but you are also able to find new plan options via our Xfinity Plan Builder

Find Term Agreements via MyAccount

Xfinity-Understanding Your Bill

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

3 Messages

Was not a promotional issue, but issue was solved through Customer Service direct messaging. Thanks Alfonso!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Glad to help out! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here