U

Sunday, August 27th, 2023 10:44 PM

Closed

Lmtd Basic Converter Equipment Charge

Starting last month a new charge for $8.85 per month for "Lmtd Basic Converter" has appeared on my billing invoice. It indicates further that this piece of equipment is inactive & should be returned. I have no idea what this equipment is nor why I am now being charged for it. This charged appeared again during the current billing cycle. Others have reported this same issue here in the form & have been instructed to Direct Message  Xfinity support using the icon at the top of the page, which I don't see. After further research I learned that I can't use the direct message feature until I've made my 1st post. So here it is. Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

828 Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @user_d9d575! The Lmtd Basic Converter (also known as a DTA, or digital adapter) is a small device used to get your basic channels. This used to be charged at a lower price but didn't have access to DVR, On Demand, or PPV. If you have never had one of these devices or returned it already, go ahead and send us a DM using the icon in the upper-right. That icon should be viewable for you now. Thank you!

2 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for your quick response. I still don't see any new icons at the top of the page in order to Direct Message. What does it look like? Screen shot please. Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

828 Messages

1 year ago

Unfortunately, I cannot attach a screenshot for you. The icon looks like a rectangular chat bubble next to the notification bell. You may need to refresh your browser window after since you just posted your first post.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.8K Messages

1 year ago

"Send us a DM" means, from any forums.xfinity.com page:

• Click "Sign In" if that prompt is visible  

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon above or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging  

• On the DM page click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon  

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person" but don't do that. It won't work.

Instead, type Xfinity Support there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.

• Select "Xfinity Support" from the list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter or tap the > icon to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

Regrettably the "pencil and paper" icon is a pale grey that is active even though it does not look active. If a red circle-slash appears when you try to select the icon it means that DMs are disabled in your user Profile. To re-enable them you'll need to go to your Profile Settings, clear the "Opt Out from Direct Messaging" checkbox, click Save, and try again.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here