U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, September 15th, 2022 8:43 PM

Closed

Lies by Xfinity agents

has anyone else been lied to by xfinity agents? Or experienced communicating with agents that did not do what they said they would do? Even with evidence, they don’t do anything about it?

I have recently chatted with Xfinity agents extensively about renewing or upgrading to a new plan.

lie #1: your new plan will be $50, 200 mbps. 
outcome: plan doesn’t actually exist, but here’s something else $40 higher 

lie #2: out of inconvenience we can issue you a $30 credit on your account, it will appear in 24-48 hours 

outcome: called back after 10 days, no credit has appeared. Talk to an agent who says “we have no record of a credit being issues on your account” I have screenshots of the initial conversation with the agent confirming both the $50 plan and $30 credit. They don’t care.

those conversations took 2-3 hours out of my workday.

I’ve been an Xfinity customer for 4 years, and have never experienced such terrible, inconsistent and lackluster effort by Xfinity. They really don’t care about customers

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for reaching out to our team here. That is definitely not the experience we would like you to have with any of our agents. I would be happy to check on all of those issues for you. Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service?

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://comca.st/3LiqcCg

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJohnG​ 

i just send a DM with that info. Also sent screenshots I referenced above

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Update: speaking with xfinity staff in DMs, showing my screenshot, they say they can’t find any conversation on their end. I spent over an hour on chat with their agents and 2+ hours on the phone but they don’t have records. 
this is so simple. Why am I going through all this effort for y’all to just honor what you told me?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJohnG​ I will be using this link if it isn’t addressed I will pull up to address it in person 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Yes it has happened multiple times now, they just say it isn’t their fault and never address it 

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

We would love the opportunity to help out in your situation as well @user_65c9ed
Please feel free to join us in a direct message to dive in together! You've come to the right place!
Just as a quick reminder as well, upon following the steps outlined below, please be sure to include your first and last name, as well as your full-service address to get started! We look forward to hearing from you! 

Here are the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I called the [edited: phone number] number Comcast called me on to verify it was them. Yep.

The issue: An agent called me and told me that I was using 88% of my plan’s data limit and suggested that I avoid the large penalties associated by going over the limit by enrolling in the unlimited plan. I told them that I would look online to see if my account needs changes and hung up. 

Comcast app reports that I’ve used less than 50% of my plan each month. Halfway through this month, I’ve used about 10%. I was lied to. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

Hi @user_6dd3af, the number you posted (now removed) is not a known Xfinity number, so I am glad to hear that you hung up to check for yourself! 

Please report any scam calls, and continue to be vigilant! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Yes, after my Sling app failed over and over in Flex, I was offered the one month fee of $40, approximately what I pay for the sling app, as a consolation, I was given a partial amount and when I called about it becase I got a ridiculous bill, I was told that I would not get anymore credit. That because I can access sling without flex, regardless of the fact that it's supposed to work in Flex. So the person who offered the credit lied and I never received the full credit. I will eliminate anything to do with charter from my life when the contract is ended. Liars. I can't wait to say goodbye.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @sharyl11, that is certainly not the experience we like our customers to have. We would hate to lose you as a customer and would be more than happy to help and look into this. Please send a Direct Message with your full name and address. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

No, this has not been resolved.

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

Hello, @user_s11833j. We would love the opportunity to further review this with you. When it comes to credits, we can provide credits based on charges charged through us. 3rd party billing would not be something we would credit for. The apps on our boxes are available for no additional charge unless it requires a subscription to the service. The Flex box also is free to use through us, so if the box is not working properly, we would be able to troubleshoot and/or send out a new box, but not offer a credit for an app not working on the Flex box. I would love to look into what's causing the app to not function properly with you and review what offers we can provide to you. 

Please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name. The message icon is located at the top right of the Community Forum page, clicking on the message icon will allow you to initiate a chat conversation with us directly. Please ensure you are sending your message to our 'Xfinity Support' handle. 

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

NO, as I already stated. I see you simply delete answers that don't please you, typical. I have been asking for sling to be fixed for months, months. I think you don't want to give any support to an app that is direct competition with comcast. Maybe you shouldn't have the app in flex at all if all it does is [Edited: "Language"] and you have no intention of ever doing anything about it. 

Inform you customer service team that you have NO intention of fixing anything when it comes to sling. I have had your techs fall asleep while on the phone and most aren't any help at all, especially when they lie.

They lied.

At this point even if you fix sling, I'm out. I will tell everyone I know how [Edited: "Language"] this service has been and how your people like to lie to get you off the phone, not that there is any intention to solve the issue. Maybe you should inform your people that you have no intention of ever fixing sling so, just have them restart so it'll be fixed for about 1/2 an hour before it fails again. I can't wait till my contract is over and I never have to deal with you people ever again. 

(edited)

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

I sent a message thru your direct message and it accomplished nothing. I'm not going out of my way for you people ever. I heard nothing from anyone, and I would say I was shocked except I now know it's typical. [Edited: "Language"] to get ppl to shut up about your [Edited: "Language"] service. THEY LIED.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I have also been lied to by xfinity agents, numerous times. About promotions. I am trying to get one fixed now, but nobody seems to understand when I call customer service.  It seems so simple. Look up the order I placed. Make sure I received the promotion. Confirm promotion. Instead I am given the run around when I call... "We can't check until you activate."  Why?  You should be able to see the order I placed just fine. You should be able to see if the promotion was applied. Why should I activate and use your service if I'm not going to get what I was promised? I've been lied to about previous promotions in the past and I had to speak to someone higher up, but I can't remember how I managed that now. The customer service agents insist they can help you, give you false or no informaton, then say it's fixed. I can't figure out how to get anywhere.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Once the discount has been added your monthly rate will be reduced. Currently, I am showing your next statement will be an estimated $141.88. Going forward before the discount is added it will be the estimated $201.83. Have you spoken with Xfinity Mobile about your order? 

Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

You will get a separate bill for your Xfinity Mobile account but once activated your residential account will have the discount added and that would reduce your rate as long as you keep Xfinity Mobile. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Correct. Once activated the $20 discount will appear on your bill within 30 days of subscription to Unlimited Data.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

No worries about deleting messages. I know billing can be a bit confusing at times. The main issue at this time is waiting on the activation of your Xfinity Mobile service with your SIM card and then waiting for the discount to be added by our system. I would keep track of the billing statement after you activate your SIM card on your phone. That is when you would start seeing the discount. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityDena​ Yes I spoke to mobile and they could not help me. At all. Said they could not look up the order. Called them twice. I pay over $200 for all of my services now. I was told it would go down to $180 by the agent. I'd like to know if my final bill (all services) will be in fact around $180 as promised. Can you please confirm?  Otherwise I was definitely lied to by the sales agent.

Update: I was just assured in DM that my bill will be $181.83 within 30 days after activating my sim card. I am thankful for all of the help (as I could not get it through the agents on the phone) but I've had issues in the past so I will wait and see if I actually get the discount then update this comment later.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I was lied to 4 times by 4 different agents. I've had service for less than a week lol

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hi there, @user_cef24d, thank you for taking the time to comment on our Xfinity Forums. I am sad to hear of your recent experience especially when just starting up services. I would love to look further into this issue with you. Please create a new post detailing your concerns and we'll be able to assist you further. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

These representatives are based in the Philippines.   They tell you rest assured its done.  I request email confirmation; they tell you rest assured its done.  I spoke to one just last week about removing an illegal sales tax charge on my bill, he told me rest assured its done.  But its never done.  The only solution is to close the account and take your business elsewhere.   Will I call them again, no, its not worth my time.  I will contact the Florida Department of Revenue, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and other agencies to file a complaint against their business practices.

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

@user_f9914a Thank you for reaching out to the Xfinity Forum team. I understand that you are concerned about a sales tax charge on your bill and have been told that it was taken care of already. I am glad that you reached out to my team. We are actually based in different parts of the country. I would be happy to take a closer look at your account and the sales tax in question. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_f9914a​ I've had the same issue with the agents. They are always from the Phillipines and they always say "rest assured." (I'm sorry, Xfinity, but there is absolutely no way that these agents are located in the United States.) I have found that if you call the customer service number and/or chat on the website, this is who you will be dealing with (unless you are lucky and they escalate you to a different department. Even then I received one that didn't help before FINALLY getting someone from the US.) I don't care what country they are from, but they NEVER understand what I am telling them, and I can't understand them because of the accent. And no, I never get anywhere with them. I had more luck here, but I'm still waiting for my promised promotion to kick in. I'm supposed to get $20 off my bundled services every month for 24 months for signing up with Xfinity Mobile. I was told it would kick in 30 days from when I activated. That was March 11th. So, we shall see. I'll believe it when I see it. If I don't get it, I'll take my business elsewhere. I've had other issues (a bungled promotion on a cable/internet package that I never received - I had to call 5 times until I was finally transferred to another department and they could NOT put through the original promotion and had to give me another... that wasn't anywhere near as good. I did not save anywhere near as much as promised with this second promotion.)  I even had an agent on the phone say "They lie to make sales." Yes, he actually said this.  It's ridiculous.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I’ve been going through this more months with no resolution. The agents keep telling me the issue has been fixed plus credit applied, then my next bill is STILL wrong. I’m looking for a new service. It’s quite ridiculous. 

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

That's not what we want to see happening, @user_36bb9e! Our team would be happy to help with checking into this further to make sure you're being billed correctly. Can you please send us a direct message with your first and last name and the address to get started?

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (top right corner)
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here