N

Sunday, June 23rd, 2024 10:04 PM

June 2024: Xfinity mobile Lifeline/ACP billing

I have gone around in circles for two months with the Chat agents and phone agents and they keep tossing me back and forth to others who have no answers. 

I was put on hold for 40 minutes today with no resolution so I am turning to this forum for help. 

I have two services: $9.95 Internet essentials that I've had for years *before* I signed up for ACP.

In 2022 I was offered to add the 1gb mobile service, $15 at the time.

When I signed up for ACP, I was offered a credit for BOTH the new mobile phone service AND a credit on my existing home internet.

They are billed separately and totaled less than $30.

When the ACP ended April 2024, I got partial credits on BOTH services in May and June. 

I have no idea how they calculated that, but there was NO follow up on what is to happen going forward into July and beyond.

The July 2024 bill shows I owe the full amount for my Internet Essentials, $9.95

The mobile phone bill shows both a $0 balance due and $20 due on autopay. Which is it? $0? $9.95? 20? $29.95? $30+ with taxes and fees?

I have no clue! But I'm on a tight budget, so I need to know without any surprises.

Is Xfinity NOT going to accept my Lifeline credit for the phone service?

Is so, Why not?

If they would accept ACP's credit, why would they not accept Lifeline's credit for the same phone? Don't give us a canned response, tell us your reasoning!

I only signed up for the phone service to begin with because I was told it was free and I had credit remaining after my internet essentials was credited.

I had to buy a $250 phone from xfinity to use it, though. 

Now I am scrambling to possibly move service suddenly because xfinity refuses to tell us what is happening with existing ACP/Lifeline billing.

Billing amounts have not been consistent the last two months since the ACP ended.

I was told by one Chat agent to sit tight and wait for further instructions regarding any credits to my services.

Well, that was a month ago and we've run out of time and there's still no answers.

If they're NOT going to take Lifeline now or in the future, they need to tell us all so we can make arrangements to port our numbers elsewhere before we are hit with new unplanned charges.

I am already approved for Lifeline and need to provide this number to someone to port my phone number to get the credit.

Do they really not care about losing business?

I will be using this phone I got from xfinity, regardless of who is providing the service, because I paid a lot of money for it just 2 years ago.

It seems dumb they would refuse the Lifeline credit from the same source for the same phone. 

Adding insult to injury, xfinity RAISED THE COST of their cheapest mobile service the SAME MONTH the ACP ended! Unconscionable!

So, I don't want to pay that increased cost per month for a phone I would have never bought in the first place if not for the ACP!

I'm blaming [Edit: Private Information Removed] for all this nightmare, but in the meantime, I have to come up with some kind of plan to avoid interruption of services and surprise billing amounts I can't afford. Xfinity's response to the whole ACP thing has been confusing and pathetic, leaving all of their customers hanging.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

8 days ago

I see you have a few questions and concerns here, and I appreciate you taking the time to create a detailed post. I understand you had a few changes after the ACP update, and you have questions about your Xfinity Mobile bill. I see your major concern was the Lifeline credit. As you can find here

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/acp under frequently asked questions, "Xfinity is not a participating provider in the Lifeline program and does not provide Lifeline benefits. " Xfinity has decided to make this decision, but we participate in programs like ACP and Internet Essentials, for example. I don't see any information we may have in the future, but things can change.

I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

4 Messages

I've already been on Chat, they tossed me over to the internet dept which doesn't answer questions about mobile billing. Thats how I ended up on the phone on hold for 40 minutes. I had to hang up before they answered. I will assume my existing ACP approval code on file at xfinity is deactivated for both services with you guys and use my new Lifeline approval code to transfer mobile service to a new phone provider. I will keep the Internet essentials. When I port my # to the new provider I assume that will automatically cancel my mobile service, but hopefully not my home internet service.  The management at xfinity really needed to reach out to the customers honestly about the Lifeline issue before we got to the end of the ACP. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

nlhatkanet We work a little differently than a traditional live chat, and we are always here to provide support. That said, we are limited with some of the billing details. We do, however, have a lot of paths for support. For ACP customers, you would qualify for Internet Essentials or Internet Essentials Plus, which is fantastic. I understand, however, that you wanted the lifeline credit to cover Xfinity Mobile. If you have concerns about your Internet plan and billing, I can assist with this as well. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Oh, and to reiterate, Speaker of the House.... is why we are here with this issue. His name was redacted in my original post, but he was the solution to this problem and it never came. If other folks begin to ask what happened, don't completely blame xfinity for this mess. They could've come up with a better solution to the hand they were dealt, however.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

nlhatkanet We appreciate all your feedback. We'll be here if you have any questions about your services going forward. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

1 day ago

Similar thing is happening to me! Applied and approved for ACP back in August, in October still hadn’t applied discount. Called and they told me wait 2 months. Still never applied. I turned off the service. In April I received a promo in mail for internet essentials. I called to sign up, representative informed me of current promo they had, if I signed up for the 29.95 instead of 9.95, I could get Xfinity mobile service free for 12 months with approval. I completed app got approved and set up all while on call with the same agent. My bill comes May and it’s on autopay, they charged me for the mobile service. I’ve been calling them since May waiting hours on the phone being transferred from person to person for no one to know what to do or having an attitude, just to hang up and nothing ever gets resolved. I’ve put in tickets to escalate, then call back with ticket number and it doesn’t exist. They’re basically stealing money! 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_xfxqom Hello and thankk yout for reaching out to us here on our Xfinty Community Forums. Our team can help with your billing service concerns. Based on your description, it appears there have been multiple points of miscommunication and unresolved issues, and I understand how disappointing this must be. Please know that your concerns are important to us, and we are here to help.

Here’s what our team here on our Xfinity Community Forums can do to assist you immediately:

1. Escalation of Issue: Take a closer look at the ticket that was already created and fix the disconnection information as well as escalate this issue to ensure it receives the attention it deserves.
  2. Billing Review: We will conduct a thorough review of your account to identify any discrepancies and correct any billing errors.
  3. Follow-Up: Our team will stay in contact with you until everything in resolved. 

To get started, please send our team a Direct Message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. Any ticket numbers you have would also be helpful. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Again, I apologize for the trouble this has caused you. We value your business and want to make things right.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

4 Messages

@user_xfxqom​ I had the 9.95 Internet Essentials long before I had ACP, I was paying out of pocket. Sounds like they're charging you that extra $20 because you cxld (as a new customer) and now are not considered a "new customer". I'd fight that, and they need to change that policy. If you income qualify for IE, it should not matter if you have a break in service and come back later.  People's incomes fluctuate and sometimes they might drop off the service for a while and come back.   

I was concerned about putting IE into the ACP since it did end eventually. I do like Internet Essentials and want to keep it even though I am paying out of pocket for it again, 9.95 is reasonable.

I signed up for the mobile service being told it was "free", too, but it never was, even with enough ACP credit. They keep charging all those taxes and fees, even though the ACP credit would've paid for it all in full.  I think they were charging me the Universal Service Fee while actually using the Universal Service fee! What's the point of the USF if you need to use it but still have to pay for it?

They really need to fix their crediting and billing dept because there's no consistency at all on charges and credits from month to month.

Plus you get conflicting answers from every agent even if you can get through to them. 

When you're on a budget it's important to know exactly what you're going to pay ongoing. 

I'm jumping ship on the mobile soon to Safelink, I've heard others receive no bill at all on that service through Lifeline.

If you haven't switched from ACP to Lifeline yet, now is the time. You can use the Lifeline credit elsewhere.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here