C

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, February 4th, 2023 12:21 AM

Closed

Issue with LifeLine Benefit

I switched from ACP and then was approved for the LifeLine Benefit.  I called Xfinity and gave them my application ID, and my services were restored. Immediately after,  i received an email stating that ACP had been applied to my account,  which i found weird because thats a different benefit program entirely.  I decided to ignore it. Then today, now 3 weeks later, I received an email saying that they were removing my benefits and that I was going to be charged for last months benefit and going forward. I have verified several times while looking at the government website that ACP and LifeLine are two separate programs, and the difference is that LifeLine allows you to have 2 service producers for mobile and internet etc. Whereas ACP only allows you to choose from one or the other. If you have LifeLine, you can still use ACP plus an additinal low income benefit. THAT IS WHAT THE GOVERNMENT SITE SAYS.  I spoke with someone on the phone and he tells me that Comcast doesn't work with LIFELINE??!! What?!  How is that even possible?  I feel like I'm getting the run around because Comcast doesn't have their stuff together.  The representatives that handle your account do not know the difference between the two programs and automatically assume it's all ACP, and then they tell you you can only have one benefit. Which according to the government site, IS NOT TRUE. I need someone knowledgeable and informed to help me with this situation. Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

1 year ago

Hey @ChocoBabiChan, sorry to hear about the confusion! 

Lifeline eligibility means that you also are eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program, and the Affordable Connectivity Program is the one that us Xfinity agents would likely be the most familiar with as it is applicable to home internet. Lifeline is honestly not a program I have much familiarity with, but I did find this tool on their site which lists the companies that can use the Lifeline discount: https://www.lifelinesupport.org/companies-near-me/ .

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

It also happened to me. The ACP was cut off

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

@hasandaher2366​ 

It also happened to me. The ACP was cut off

Did you re-apply for the benefit?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here