U

Sunday, August 18th, 2024 8:33 PM

Internet speed plan changed without my consent!

The chat is saying my account info is unavailable at this time. I want to ask why my bill went from 55 to 116 per month and the plan changed without asking me first. So frustrating. I've had the same plan for over 2 yrs!

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

2 months ago

Concern moved here to the Billing help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

2 months ago

Good afternoon and happy Sunday @user_6kfbag, we appreciate you taking the time to reach out on our Community Forums and hope you are otherwise having a good weekend. I see that you stated your bill went from $55 to $116/month after having the same plan for two-years. It sounds like you were on a promotion and the promotional discount expired. You can review your promotional discount information and expiration dates on your bill under the "Regular monthly charges" section in bright green print. You can access your bill using our easy-to-use XFINITY app or by logging in to our online web portal myxfinity.com.

I understand how stressful it is when you experience an unexpected increase in your bill though and assure you that you've reached the right team to help. We'd be happy to review current offers to see how we can help get your bill back down, our team is on your side. 😀 In order to review current offers, we will have to collect some sensitive information to get your account pulled up. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account including any applicable unit or apartment numbers? To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further! 

1 Message

6 days ago

It is not a promotion plan change I’m pretty sure. My 2 year plan was expired and bill jumped from 39.99 to 69.99. Then after a month, bill jumped to 111.93. Called the customer service and they said probably “I clicked on something via app” what??? I did not order or upgrade the plan. They admitted that it might have been a system error. I’ll be filing a complaint soon

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hey there user_sagqni, thank you for visiting our Forum for help with that billing concern. I'd be happy to look into this more and see why those billing changes happened. It could be that a promotion ended, bit I can get to the bottom of it. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
  • Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here