U

Thursday, July 18th, 2024 1:06 AM

Incorrectly sent to collections

I have never paid my bill late and when I cancelled my service due to a move, the xfinity representative at the store told me I was all set and my last bill would be mailed to my new address. I have never received the bill to my new address nor did I get it in my email. I then find out I have been sent to collections for a bill I have never received. On top of that, it took me ages to figure out how to pay this bill as my account was closed and the bill pay system was not working properly. I tried calling but kept getting rerouted through the digital assistant to the most useless channels. 

I never even got notified from Xfinity but credit karma because it was negatively impacting my credit score. Once I was notified, I immediately paid this balance but I need xfinity to withdraw/fix this collections immediately. I can't pay a bill I never got in the first place. This is ridiculous 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

3 months ago

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. I sincerely apologize for the frustration and inconvenience you’ve experienced with your final bill and the subsequent collections issue. I understand how distressing this situation must be, especially given your move and the impact on your credit.

To resolve this matter, I will ensure that we thoroughly investigate what happened with your final bill and why it was not properly forwarded to your new address or email. We will also address the issues you faced with our bill pay system. We try to make paying any bill easy, and I'm sorry to hear you trouble.

Additionally, I’ll ensure you receive clear instructions on how to settle any outstanding balance, if applicable, and provide you with a direct line for support to avoid any further confusion or delays. 

I genuinely appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to make this right. Please know that your feedback is invaluable, and we are committed to improving our processes to prevent such issues in the future. 

I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here