U

Thursday, August 15th, 2024 5:14 PM

Incorrect Charges and Derogatory Credit Report after speaking with Xfinity Support even after exlaining many many times

I am writing finally after speaking with many Xfinity customer support members over and over again which are a result of an error on the part of Xfinity Comcast.

I moved from my previous rental residence in September 2022. Upon moving, I submitted a cancellation request for the internet service associated with this address. Despite this, Xfinity Comcast continued to charge me for services at the old address, while also billing me for services at my new address. I noticed these erroneous charges and, after a few months, removed my credit card details from the old account to prevent further unauthorized charges.

Xfinity Comcast acknowledged the mistake and agreed to refund the amount. However, despite this acknowledgment, I was still pursued by a collection agency for these charges. This situation has now escalated to the point where a new collection agency has been assigned, and derogatory remarks have been added to my credit report.

This is deeply concerning and unfair, as the charges were made in error by Xfinity Comcast, not through any fault of my own. I have provided all necessary documentation to prove my case, including the cancellation request notice, yet this issue remains unresolved.

I am requesting immediate action to rectify this situation. Specifically, I ask that:

1. The erroneous charges be removed from my account immediately.
  2. The derogatory remarks be removed from my credit report without delay.
  3. A formal confirmation that this issue has been resolved and that no further actions will be taken against me regarding this matter.

This ongoing issue has caused significant stress and harm to my financial standing, and I urge both Xfinity Comcast and the collection agency to address this matter promptly. I trust that you will take the necessary steps to correct this error and restore my credit report to its accurate standing.

Please confirm receipt of this email and provide an update on the actions being taken to resolve this matter.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this urgent issue.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

1 month ago

You're welcome ! You've posted in the right place. Sit tight. A corporate employee will respond here soon.

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

1 month ago

Concern moved here to the Billing help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

2 Messages

Thanks for the response. Where do we post publicly, do you mean social media?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

1 month ago

@user_sbk304 Welcome to our community forum and thank you @EG for moving this post for greater visibility! I appreciate you bringing this collections issue to our attention and I'm so sorry that you've been trying to get this resolved for so long. I'll stick with you here until we confirm that all your concerns have been addressed. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here