U

Monday, July 31st, 2023 5:29 PM

Closed

I was “assured” mobile service add on will reduce my xfinity internet service bill

I have been using xfinity since 2.5 years. I have never had an issue. Since 2 months I have contacted xfinity customer care SO many times. Its been such a hassle, waster of time and energy. 

I was “assured” by activating the mobile service my internet bill would drop to $20/month. I have saved all the screenshots of my conversation because I knew everytime they offer something and then back off. I asked them multiple times that all this hassle would be worth it in end and I had understood their promo offer well. They kept reiterating and giving full assurance.

It took them a month to send over the sim card and activate the number. After activation they asked me to contact customer service to avail the offer. After contacting them they asked may be it will be applied if I activate 2 mobile lines. Why would I keep adding on service I dont need? 

Then they suggested increasing my internet speed would increase my bill but give me $20 off. Then they were unsure of that too so asked me just to wait till system reflects the change.

why do I have to pay double the price and for mobile services that I don't even need? And why are the customer service agents so unsure about the offers and billing rates. They themselves cant understand and explain what the charges are being added. 

in the end they just asked me to wait and see what next two billing cycle would be and then figure out. Till them what am I supposed to do? Pay more for unwanted services?  

I have the screenshots of my conversations and about the offer. I am adding few of those here - 

Official Employee

• 

458 Messages

1 year ago

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.

You can reach the Xfinity Mobile team via any of the options below. 

Text Message: 888-936-4968

Phone: 888-936-4968

Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

2 Messages

@XfinityJoe​ I’ve tried that as well. They keep transferring me to different departments. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

They likely send you to residential due to the discount of $20 would be for the internet service. They should be talking to them before the transfer though given the residential team needs confirmation the Mobile service is active from them. Let me see if a ticket works better to get this done for you.

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

8 months ago

I HATE Xfinity. Unfortunately it is the only service I can use for internet. I paid my bill and the app said I have a no balance due, but today they automatically withdrew money from my account. It doesn't tell me when my bills are due or how much I will owe, so I had to go down to the store to find out when my bills were do because I paid them only a few weeks ago. Needless to say, the guy didn't really have much information other than it was a billing cycle. Also, they tried to get me to do that damn mobile deal to get my payments down for internet and after reading this, i'm glad I declined. Did I mention how much I hate Xfinity?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here