U

Thursday, July 18th, 2024 4:16 PM

I want my bill reduced due to ongoing Houston outage

My internet has been down since 7/10/24 and I have no confidence it will be repaired any time soon. I want to have my July bill reduced to reflect this week+ outage. I have tried to talk to an agent about this issue and have been told that because of the ongoing outage I am not *ALLOWED* to speak with an agent, which is just brilliant customer service. Just amazing. If my bill isn't reduced this month, this will be my last month with Xfinity and I'll be taking my business elsewhere. 

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

Concern moved here to the Billing help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 months ago

@user_mmybio

Thanks for reaching out to us,  we do hope you and your family is doing well from the recent severe weather caused by the hurricane in the Texas area. This https://texas.comcast.com/alerts/   has great information and is updated daily to show how our awesome techs are working around the clock to get everyone's services back up and running.

One thing to keep in mind is your home may have power before our nodes and plants do as there also could be damage to the nodes that service your home and area.

Our awesome xfinity app https://www.xfinity.com/apps   or our https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/check-service-outage Xfinity website we'll keep you updated on the service interruptions in the area.

It will either list they date time that service will be up and running or due to the extent of damages still being worked on it could also list under” as soon as possible”.

In the app you can set up a notification to be notified when the service interruption is restored and to be notified of a revised date time when services will be back up and running.

We do apologize for any inconvenience,  we just want you to be rest assured that our team of awesome field techs are working around the clock to get your services back up and running.

I do hope this information I provided for you was helpful,  let me know if you have any other questions or concerns?          

3 Messages

2 months ago

Understand your frustration. Same thing happened with me. 
App will say estimated time to resolve as “as soon as possible”. It has been days so I tried calling and just because your service is down, you can’t talk to live agent. So the call got automatically terminated.

2 Messages

1 day ago

I also have the same issue eversince July 2024.   Outage occurs daily and continue to do so.    Is this legal for Xfinity to charge me while outage happens daily for several months...   There seems no consistency in their service other than the daily outage..

Official Employee

• 

535 Messages

@user_qba6hq  Hello and good evening. Thanks for sending a message. We appreciate it a ton, and are happy you thought of us to assist. We are a great team of experts and members you can count on anytime. During the week or even on the weekends. Speaking of the weekend, do you have any fun plans, or just relaxing? I am ready for the fall weather. That is the best time for yard work and fun outside. Hope you had a nice Thor'sday staying cool and out of the heat. I am happy to see you are taking advantage of the amazing help here. I know how important it is to get the best service asap. Just like the Xfinity app. It is the best resource to manage the account and service online. It is my favorite as I can check the monthly statements, and also pause the wifi for dinner time. That ensures the kids come to eat, and that makes me very happy. Here is a link that I found for you to make it easy and download the Xfinity app https://www.xfinity.com/apps. Download it now so you have the power of Xfinity at your fingertips. Tell me because we want to know and it is important to us, how is everything, and how are you? Having a reliable service is important. I know that first hand in working from home. We all do here, and understand it is vital to have a reliable service. I love my Xfinity connection, and promise we will work together on this to ensure you love your service too. I worked hard for you, and found this https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/schedule-repair-appointment amazing guide. It will help you troubleshoot the service to report what is happening the next time it starts up again. It is super helpful, and will ensure everything in your home is fully updated to work successfully. If it is not resolved remotely, it will grant you the opportunity to schedule a repair appointment. That will help get a tech out to the location asap, in order to investigate and repair anything onsite. It is one of my favorite pages to bring awareness to, and want you to count on it too. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here