A

Tuesday, October 1st, 2024 10:27 PM

I need support with a data roaming charge I cannot afford

I was recently traveling through Europe and signed up for the Global Travel Pass. Because I was traveling in Europe, I had the majority of my "mobile background refresh" and "mobile data" settings turned off on my phone. During my road trip (which I was driving and not looking at my phone) at 9:52 AM - we crossed into Andorra which was not covered in the Global Travel Pass. 

When I pulled up to the hotel at 10:21 AM I checked my phone to see a text message notification from Xfinity alerting me about the lack of coverage and I immediately put my phone into airplane mode. In the 30 minutes of crossing into the country to when I pulled up to the hotel - I apparently incurred $431 of data charges from 4 hits of mobile data from whatever apps were not turned off. There were NO messages from Xfinity alerting me to this - I only was made aware when I checked my email after I was able to get on WiFi. 

The data points are listed below. Based on the time frame  - it is clear that I did my diligence to the best of my ability to avoid this situation. It's also clear that I was not intentionally using my data, otherwise there would be additional charges from Andorra during the 3 day period in which I was there. 

I CANNOT afford these data charges. I spent over two hours on Chat yesterday and they told me there was nothing that they can do except offer me a new Apple Watch??? I am unclear how to proceed at this point.  I am considering cancelling my service with Xfinity because the lack of customer service is frustrating and I feel like I am getting taken advantage of. 

• Andorra, 10:21:18 AM PDT 16.29 MB

• Andorra, 10:04:27 AM PDT 2.23 MB

• Andorra, 10:02:37 AM PDT 1.46 MB

• Andorra, 9:52:00 AM PDT 2.1 MB

Official Employee

• 

859 Messages

18 days ago

arrowpoa11 Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here