R

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, July 28th, 2023 4:10 PM

Closed

I can't cancel free Peacock Premium I received as a gig internet promo

I used the gig internet deal to get free Peacock Premium for up to two years. I didn't know I could no longer upgrade to ad-free Peacock once I had done this, so I would like to cancel.
I do not have a Flex box or X1 box.
Peacock customer service tells me I have to cancel through Xfinity. I went through an Xfinity customer service nightmare "chat," and the agent said he understood my problem and Peacock would be cancelled within 1 to 2 hours. It's now days and it hasn't been cancelled, so I still can't get Peacock ad-free.
I'd just like the "Billed by XFINITY-US" in Peacock to be cancelled, so that I can go back to paying for the ad-free plan myself. Peacock can't do it, and I've been unsuccessful having Xfinity do it up to this point.

Official Employee

• 

985 Messages

11 months ago

Hello @rick_Berg, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. This link has step-by-step instructions on how to cancel your Peacock subscription https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-manage-subscription. Do you have any questions about the process? 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityKrista​ No that does not work for me. The first step is "Go to Settings on your Xfinity X1 TV Box or Xfinity Flex streaming TV Box," and as I said, I don't have either of these devices.

Official Employee

• 

985 Messages

@rick_Berg I'm happy to help. To access your account, will you please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityKrista

This is the response I got via the direct message:
"I took a look at your account, and the Peacock premium is included with your promotion, so there is no way for me to remove it. The good thing is that it is not costing you anything. I hope this helps."
I am willing to pay $10/month to Peacock for ad-free viewing, but Xfinity is telling me there is no way for me to do that now? I will have to just let my account go and sign up to Peacock using a different email address. That seems ridiculous that the connection cannot be reversed, and I am locked in without the ability to upgrade.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

The issue hasn't been resolved yet but customer service has continued to work with me through the day. I appreciate that. I will update if it is fixed.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Still no fixes to the issue. I have a new rep on the ticket today who clearly hasn't read the rest of the ticket, as he asked me to try again to click the banner to activate Peacock, and my issue when opening the ticket was the exact opposite. I have already activated and would like to cancel. Sent me the exact same links to try as two other agents already sent me since I opened the ticket five days ago.

Official Employee

• 

985 Messages

11 months ago

Thanks for providing those details @rick_Berg.

Have you tried to cancel your subscription through the Peacock Help Center https://www.peacocktv.com/help? 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

11 months ago

I did try to cancel by talking with Peacock. Peacock customer service said that they couldn't do it, I had to get Xfinity to cancel it for me.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

11 months ago

If you don't mind losing watchlists and such, just create a new Peacock account with a different e-mail address.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@andyross​ Yes, will do that if I can't get it resolved. I'd like to keep my watch history. Thanks!

2 Messages

Any update on progress? What a pain in the neck that Xfinity can't figure this out. Who thought of the bright idea of offering the free premium plan but not allow users to upgrade to the ad free version? 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

No progress. I signed up for Peacock under another email address and abandoned the account controlled by xfinity.

2 Messages

This is ridiculous. I've been going the rounds on Xfinity Chat for more than 12 hours. They don't seem to understand anything about this promotion. Just keep telling me to change my subscription in the Peacock app. What a joke. 

This reply has been converted into a post
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here