X

Sunday, October 6th, 2024 2:00 PM

How to waive $100 fee (as promised) for service transfer?

Hi,
I tried to have my internet service moved yesterday on 10/05. I scheduled the move quickly and easily via the Xfinity app, and everything seemed fine. I had been using my own equipment with Xfinity for 4 years now without a problem so I wasn't too worried as the app told me internet was available at my new address and I knew my equipment was working.
On 10/05 I still had no internet mid morning so I checked the app and was guided to the chat to try and fix my situation.
The first person I chatted with told me everything was normal, nothing to do but wait 30 min. I had explained that I was moving, and that the previous person might not have had Xfinity.

After 90 min, still nothing so I checked the app again and was once again put in contact with someone over chat.
The second person I chatted with told me something was wrong and internet wasn't connect. I explained my situation again, own working equipment since 2020, previous owner of the house might not have had Xfinity. No worries, they told me they managed to get a tech appointment for the next day, 10/06 8am-10am, and since I was having problem they reassured me that this would be done at no cost and that I would also get a discount for the days without service. Great! They said I would receive confirmation by text and email of the appointment.
No confirmation, so I decided to check on the app if anything was scheduled. To my surprise, nothing. So once again, I was put in contact with someone over chat.
The third person listened to my story (third time explaining everything that day), and finally found a scheduled appointment for the next day 10am. Great! All was good and I thought it was over.

Later that day (8pm), I got a random call from Xfinity saying a ticket was opened under my name but without any sort of information. No tech appointment, nothing about my move, so they just wanted to cancel everything. I explained my situation as they had no idea, and they couldn't explained why people over the chat had misguided me all day. They gave me phone number to call and told me I should do everything by phone again.

8:30pm, 5th person I was talking to over the phone told me to never use the chat as it clearly isn't reliable. They told me I should have activated my equipment during a short time frame after my move was scheduled (first time hearing this) but since I didn't do it, it was too late and now someone needed to come to finish the installation. However this wouldn't be possible for a few days, and that it would cost $100 and no discount was given for the loss of service.
So here I am, having to wait 5 days to get internet back, because I trusted the Xfinity app and its chat, the people who guided me and told everything was fine, that I wouldn't be charged, and that I didn't have to do anything to transfer my service to a new address.

How is that possible, and how can I waved the service fee after having been promised it would be free? All of this because I have been misinformed all day.
One thing is sure, I won't be using the xfinity app ever again.

No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here