U

Friday, May 24th, 2024 5:40 AM

How long does it take for equipment to be taken off your account?

I contacted xfinity chat a few days ago about an old TV box that I noticed was still on my account despite returning a few years ago. The chat agent gave me a support ticket number and told me to expect an email within 24hrs. I never got one so I contacted again and the second agent said that my ticket was closed and to not worry, the box would be taken off my account within 24 to 48hrs. We'll, 48hrs have came and went and it's still showing up under my device list. I've also haven't received an email confirming that it would be like the first chat agent said. Am I being lied too, or does it just take longer for it to be taken off my equipment list? 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

23 days ago

user_t9mgjv Good morning! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with your equipment. I can see the concern in the equipment still showing up on your end. Typically, it will take until your next billing cycle to update on your Xfinity.com account.  It's normal for the equipment to show until your next cycle. I'm happy to double check for you, and give you some peace of mind if you would like. Can you please send a Direct Messag with your name, and service address? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here