U

Monday, September 30th, 2024 7:06 PM

how can I escalate over Xfinity Chat support to request and get a credit of more than $50 (I've tried for 3 months already)?

Hi,

Xfinity charged me (and I autopaid) $30 above my previously contracted rate for a month of internet service in July 2024. I called or chatted with them (I forget now, and I didn't record that convo) to complain about the increase. They promised a $30 retroactive credit for July over the phone or chat, but it never posted to my account. The representative also agreed to lower my internet rate going forward to what I was paying before July, but then come August I was still charged the wrong, high rate. And no credit either. I complained again at the end of August, after which they finally posted a $30 credit to my account (only a partial credit for what I had overpaid at that point), and they again promised my account had been returned to a lower monthly rate. But my regular monthly charge at the end of September was wrong again. And then they billed me again for a higher monthly rate due in October than they had promised, and they still haven't posted the promised credit(s) to my account. I've now been charged $90 more than I agreed to pay and what Xfinity promised me I would be paying. I spent two hours this morning on Xfinity Chat trying to escalate to someone who could post a credit of more than $50 to my account, but the person I was talking to kept on saying I would need to request a partial credit today and then start another chat TOMORROW with a new agent to get the rest of the credit taken care of. I have transcripts (which I tried to share) of my last two months chatting with Xfinity support. How can I get in touch with someone at Xfinity who has the authority to actually issue a full credit so that I'm paying the rate they have continually promised me? And how can I trust this time my support will be any different from the past three months of trying? I'm so tired of having Xfinity promise to fix things and promise to issue credits and promise they've adjusted my rate and then nothing actually changes and I have to start another fruitless support request a month later. It feels like Xfinity is just saying whatever they can to get me off the chat and then banking on me giving up or ignoring what they charge me. I feel so bad for all the customers who surely give up and just accept whatever Xfinity wants to charge them, instead of a fair rate as promised/agreed.

1 Message

19 days ago

Did they contact you yet? Kind of trying to get a hold of someone for a similar situation. 

2 Messages

they contacted me via direct message after I posted this

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

19 days ago

Hi @user_385198 Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the billing of your services. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.To send a "Direct Message":
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

1 Message

18 days ago

impossible to get a hold of a person at Xfinity, I guess customer service went to shit again

Official Employee

• 

805 Messages

user_s6uwmh Hello, I hope you are having a great day. We are here to help. How can we be of assistance today?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here