U

Tuesday, May 7th, 2024 4:43 PM

Haven't received refund

I cancelled my service in January due to a move out of the area. It is now May 7 and I still have not received my refund. Where is my money? Yes, I have contacted Xfinity via DM already and I was told a check would be mailed. Still no check. I DM'd again and had to leave because the customer support person was wasting my time wanting to talk about India and giving me the same scripted and unhelpful answers as I received from the first DM. So please don't ask me to DM again as it doesn't resolve the problem. I don't need scripted answers that don't resolve the issue. I need my money. In the first DM I was told the funds have been released (to Prepaid Digital Solutions) and I'd get a check. I have contacted Prepaid Digital Solutions multiple times and continue to be told a check will be mailed and yet week after week, month after month, no check received.  Someone needs to fix this. 

I need real help. I need my money, the money I am legally owed and need in my bank account, not some prepaid card that forces me to buy something to access MY money. I do not want a virtual card or to give my banking information to some third party with horrible online reviews outsourced to by Xfinity.

Please provide the name, phone number with extension and email of a real person who can actually do something about this situation and get my refund money to me without further delay. Also, if Xfinity is going to outsource the processing of refunds, then Xfinity needs to do a better job informing the customer of who and what they will be dealing with as well as get a company that can and will actually get the refund to the customer in a timely manner. This situation is ridiculous and quickly approaching fraud.

When I cancelled I was told I would receive a refund and confirmed my mailing address. AT NO TIME WAS I TOLD I would need to check my email and select how I wanted to get my money back. I was only told I'd be getting a refund. I never received an email telling me I needed to select a card or check, but I did receive an email saying Xfinity received my equipment back and that the refund money was released. Released to whom? It didn't say. I assumed it meant I'd be receive a check to cash, deposit, or do whatever I wanted to do with MY money. Weeks later I received an email from a company I've never heard of, Prepaid Digital Solutions, telling me I had selected a prepaid card and it was in the mail. I NEVER selected anything. I was never given the option to select anything. Upon research I learned that Prepaid Digital Solutions issues prepaid credit cards that cannot be used at ATMs and have expiration dates, thereby forcing the customer to make a purchase for the exact amount of their refund in order to access and use the money they are legally owed as refund. This is a scam! If Xfinity wants to outsource processing of refunds they need to inform customers they'll be dealing with a third party to get their money and they should NOT be deciding for them/forcing on them a prepaid credit card! Xfinity needs to do much better informing customers of what is going to happen and that customers will need to jump through hoops to get their money back. Rethink this Xfinity. 

Where is my money and when will I receive it?

Official Employee

• 

712 Messages

13 days ago

Hello user_5alin8. I understand your frustration with not getting your refund back. You have come to the right place as we can take a closer look into this and see what is going on. Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

6 Messages

I've already direct messaged your team and provided this information twice before and still have not received my refund. All I get are apologies and scripted answers. Will direct messaging a third time get me different results? I don't have time to waste on more of the same. Please provide me with the name and contact information for someone in the USA who has the authority and ability to get my refund to me in a timely manner. Thank you.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

712 Messages

13 days ago

user_5alin8 You can also go to xfinityrefunds.com or call the refund department directly at 888-472-0211. They can give you the best advice and guidance about your missing refund, since they are the ones who handle them.

6 Messages

@XfinityWilliam​ xfinityrefunds.com is Prepaid Digital Services. I've been in touch with them multiple times and still have not received my refund. Each time I contact them they tell me the same thing, that they'll put in another request for a check to be sent and to wait a little longer. In April they said they would expedite the issue, but it has been a month since then and still have not received my refund. I wrote to them yesterday to let them know I still haven't received a check and to please give me the name of someone higher up who can get this handled, and so far they have not replied. Usually they reply same day, but so far nothing. If after four months of contacting them I still haven't received my refund, then what good do you think contacting them again will do? Xfinity owes me this refund and it is Xfinity's job to get it to me. If the company Xfinity outsources to isn't getting the job done, Xfinity is still responsible. I need the name and contact information for someone higher up the chain of command who can and will actually get this matter resolved. Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

712 Messages

Thanks for letting us know that taking this route has not led you to the solution you were hoping for user_5alin8. We can take a closer look at this.

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

Ok, I'll send it again. Maybe third time will be the charm. 

Official Employee

• 

959 Messages

user_5alin8 Sounds good! We look forward to working with you today! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

6 Messages

Ok, so after 55 minutes in chat I got the same answer I got before. Xfinity released the funds to Xfinity Refunds, which is Prepaid Digital Solutions, which now redirects to mypaymentvault.com, and so Xfinity is washing their hands of it and I'll need to continue going in circles with Xfinity Refunds/Prepaid Digital/mypaymentvault. This is ridiculous. This is BAD customer service. This is smelling like fraud.

If Xfinity is going to outsource their issuing of refunds, then someone at Xfinity needs to rethink using this company and find one that actually gets the refunds to the customers within 30 days. Someone at Xfinity needs to be staying on top of this and making sure the job is getting done. Also, it is Xfinity that owes me this money back, so it is Xfinity's responsibility to insure I get it back. I shouldn't have to go in circles with Xfinity in DMs only to be told to go jump through more hoops and go in more circles with another company to get back the money I am legally owed. Nor should any customer be forced into accepting a prepaid credit card that requires them to make a purchase within a short time period in order to access their own money! Xfinity owes me $86.41 so Xfinity needs to figure out how to get that money to me. It is Xfinity I entered into a service contract with, it is Xfinity service I cancelled mid-billing cycle, and it is Xfinity that owes me this refund.

1 Message

10 days ago

I am also waiting for a refund for xfinity! My bank states they haven't received it and it shows it was sent on April 30th. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_1au0h8, Oh no! I never like having to wait for refunds so I understand the inconvenience that this can cause. I am sorry to learn about the delay. We can help. Was the refund from a debit/credit card payment? Were you provided with an estimated time of when you should receive that refund?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here