brow3665's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Oct 28, 2020 9:00 AM

Expensive bill, unimpressive services- help me understand??

Okay, I need help understanding my bill/reoccurring charges and my options. 

Here are my monthly bill details:

INTERNET PLUS INSTANT TV- $54.95
Includes Limited Basic, 20 Hours of Cloud DVR and Performance Plus Internet
Includes $24.00 Service Discount
Internet:  SPEED INCREASE- $30.00
Blast! Pro Internet
INTERNET EQUIPMENT- $14.00
Rental
BROADCAST TV FEE- $12.60
Taxes, fees and other charges- $6.07

Total: $117.62

So let me explain MY understanding and thoughts.

I have a ROKU Smart TV, that I use my family's DirectTV subscription to access all the networks I need through the ROKU TV platform. So this essentially just requires the internet to stream. I do not have a regular TV.

I wanted to ensure fast internet speeds a few years back when I was completing some online education. 

What are all the extra TV charges?? I do have the 10 or so channel access through the Xfinity Beta App through ROKU TV. What is the broadcast charge?? I don't have any fancy premium channels and hardly use the live TV. 

It looks like I have the fastest internet speed possible?? This is ironic because I still feel like my speeds are slow and glitchy and I often get bumped off. 

Thanks in advance!

Responses

ComcastJoeTru

Official Employee

• 

6.7K Messages

6 m ago

Hello brow3665. 

The Broadcast TV Fee is an itemized charge that recovers a portion of the costs of re-transmitting broadcast television signals. Broadcast stations have the right to charge for their signals, and cable providers like Comcast end up paying substantial fees in order to carry them.

I can assist with reviewing the options available to help you change your services to a package that suits your needs better. I can also help troubleshoot your internet speed issues. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name and service address so I can assist you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here