U

Sunday, September 15th, 2024 10:21 PM

Early Termination Fees are horribly expensive

Due to a violent situation with the property manager, we had to terminate our xfinity wifi at $97 per month and move.

We paid $239 in the disconnect fees, returned the equipment via an expensive uber trip to your office, and now a week later, we are given ANOTHER bill for $249 in early termination fees.

Which nobody had ever made clear to us at any time, even though there were extensive chats and phone calls.

$500 to disconnect your service is extremely excessive for anyone, let alone a senior couple who live off social security as we do.

We cannot possibly afford another $249 bill at this time, and could never recommend or use your service again due to these tactics.

Official Employee

• 

968 Messages

1 month ago

@user_p5u8j5
Hi! I am sorry to hear about your situation, and I am glad you were able to get out of there. Xfinity Early Termination Fees are $10 per month for every month remain in the contract. I would love to take a look at your final bill to see what happened with those Early Termination Fees as most are $230 or less. Can you send a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address, please?

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
•Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page) or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
•Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
•Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
•Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
•Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

25 days ago

Follow up: I tried to contact them, as xfinitytony advised, but no reply.  They just keep threatening us with collections. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

user_p5u8j5 I'm not seeing any direct message from you, and we would like to help. Can you follow the instructions again to reach out to us directly to see if we can help please?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_p5u8j5 Thank you so much for reaching out to us directly! I'm glad we were able to research the additional charges for you, and get everything resolved. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here