colinmaxx's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Sep 16, 2021 4:12 PM

Early termination fee.

I was charge an early termination fee.of 230 dollars. I was  having problems with my Internet service for a month. I called several times and they sent out a technicians and found and ground wire loose.   I called an operator and said I still have interrupted service the next day. They told me Only thing you could do is upgraded the service from 59 to 84 dollars a month it will be a stronger signal and it worked fine after that. When I went to cancel the Internet service which I do every year because it was seasonal non-contract. Comcast  sent me an early termination fee saying that I owe 230 dollars  because I upgraded to a stronger signal. I said I had problems with the Internet service and the only way to get service was upgrades so I paid more money.I called back and talked to a manager and they told me sorry nothing we can do even if it wasn’t your fault because when you upgrade you signed a contract. I told them I signed a contract  in the middle of upgrading while I was on the phone for 90 minutes trying to figure signal issues out with operator to Why would they charge me a fee?  how is it my fault when the  other service was cutting out all the time and all I wanted was the service to work? 

Responses

Official Employee

• 

172 Messages

1 m ago

Hello, @colinmaxx and thank you for posting your question here on our Xfinity Community Support page! I am very sorry to hear of the troubles you were having with your internet service. I would gladly take a look into your account and contract to further assist. However, if a contract was agreed to the early termination fees would be valid, if cancelled within the timeframe of the agreement. Please send us a direct message with your full name and address to take a look!

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/2XnDTuK

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person", but don't do that.

Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.

• Select "Xfinity Support" from the list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter or tap the > icon to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 m ago

This solution was never resolved. Please tell me what I can do to resolve this issue? No one should be charge a fee that they had no control over for just trying to get better service. 

Again

Expert

• 

26.5K Messages

@colinmaxx If you agreed to a contract, even trying to get better service, and then you canceled that contract you are liable for the early termination fees.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here