Shay_12's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jan 7, 2021 10:00 AM

Downgrading Internet

I’m currently renting equipment from Xfinity and my first year contract just ended so my bill has increased. I don’t need the tier I currently have. If I try to add a lower tier to my cart and checkout? What happens? Do I need to send my current modem back or is there a way to just continue renting the one I’m renting now? Do I still have internet access right away with a new plan or do I have to wait? I just want to lower my speed so I’m not paying for something I don’t even really need.

Responses

ComcastJoeTru

Official Employee

• 

6.7K Messages

4 m ago

Hello Shay_12. Thank you for creating a post on our Forum. You can keep renting the equipment you have now, and choose a downgraded tier of service. If our online service will allow you to downgrade your account, you are welcome do so there. In some cases, support is required from a Comcast representative. Generally, changes made occur immediately after the order is completed. Upon order completion, your internet modem will reset, so a new service bootfile with the new speed tier can install.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here