T

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, July 20th, 2024 5:49 PM

Closed

Don't want to replace my modem to reduce price but keep plan

I went to see if I could reduce or change my plan to reduce the cost I have to pay and the website said I could keep the same speed but reduce the price. However, when I went to select it, it said that I would have to return my current equipment and get a new one since my current one can't handle the speed of my current plan. Which makes no sense to me. I would just like to reduce the price of my current plan again.

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

860 Messages

1 month ago

@TheBMan313 Thank you for working with us via Modmail. I am happy to report to the public that we were able to sign you up for the new plan without swapping out your equipment. As I mentioned in our conversation, while your modem can handle the speeds you are on, it is no longer recommended for that tier. Thank you for your time. I hope you have a great day!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 months ago

Hello @TheBMan313, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. 

I'm happy to help. I know how important it is to work within a budget and want to make sure we're getting you the amazing services you need at the best possible price.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I sent a message 4 days ago but I have yet to receive a reply

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@TheBMan313 Please follow the steps above to send us a Direct Message. We look forward to your reply.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

@TheBMan313​ 

I sent a message 4 days ago but I have yet to receive a reply

Make sure you're sending to "Xfinity Support" and not to XfinityKrista.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here