U

Friday, January 12th, 2024 6:21 AM

Closed

Does Xfinity notify you about bill increase?

I have autopay setup and when I logged onto xfinity i noticed my bill was raised over 25%. is it normal for xfinity to not send any notice your bill is being increase? The only thing i recieved was a bill statement showing the new price.

Not a very transparent way to business and is honestly a little schemey to do in my honest opinion.

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

9 months ago

Concern moved here to the Billing help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

9 months ago

Great question @user_hqjban From my experience it can either be that your account has fallen off your promotional rate or it is due to price increases that you would find mentioned on your November or December billing statement. You can always get a break down of charges by looking at your billing statement. For the Xfinity app after signing in you would go to manage billing. After that click on current statement so that you can view the PDF. To view previous statements you would select statement history. If you don't already have the My Account app make sure you download it. It is honestly one of the best apps we have to offer to manage your account. The app will keep you updated on maintenance, interruptions, and other service-related notices. You can also troubleshoot, manage appointments, and manage your bill. 

If due to increases in our rates, while we try to hold down costs, price changes are necessary for a number of reasons, including continually increasing costs of programming and our ongoing investments in network upgrades, cutting edge technologies, and enhanced products and services. If you signed up on a promotional offer, you will not see an increase to the base price of those services until your promotional period has ended. Equipment charges, installation charges, taxes and fees, including regulatory recovery fees, the Broadcast TV Fee, the Regional Sports Network Fee, and other applicable charges are subject to change and could alter the total amount you pay during and after the promotional period. https://www.xfinity.com/pricechange

I am here to confirm what is going on. I would be happy to review the account for a new discount. Here is a link: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/offers with our current promotions if you wanted to take a look. Just make sure you are logged on to your account to see the promotions available for your account.  You can also set up the services directly from the website. I also want to let you know there is a government benefit program called Affordable Connectivity Program that could save you up to $30 a month on internet costs. Please visit the link: www.xfinity.com/ACP to check out the process to qualify.

Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

4 Messages

I see no direct message icon on this page. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

I noticed that too. My bill increased by $10.00. Not a lot, but there was nothing in the statement that noted the increase. And I have autopay as well. I just happened to notice that it was not the same as January. If there is a rate increase, however small, the customer should be notified of how much and why. 

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Hello @Henry-Marple! Rate increase notifications are usually printed on the billing statement prior to the increase occurring. It may be due to a promotion expiring, or an actual rate increase. If you'd like me to take a look, I'd be happy to! Please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

3 months ago

Wireless bill just went up $5 without any warning. Verizon here i come.

4 Messages

3 months ago

Same here. I had signed up for a two-year term: $15 for mobile and $15 for internet. It has been a billing headache from the get-go. Now, instead of $30 plus some tax, it's nearly $50 plus tax. I went to the Xfinity store a few times and it seemed they fixed my billing issue, but they did not. No one is in charge, and they blame the computer for changing my agreed-upon billing.

Verizon got caught with deceiving ads and is now paying out $100 million in a class-action suit. 

Official Employee

• 

580 Messages

@user_8dihkq Both services are billed individually, meaning there are no bundles for both Xfinity Internet and Xfinity Mobile. That is confirmed here https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/xfinity-mobile-account-payments-statements. There are promotions with Xfinity Internet that help provide further discounts if you add Xfinity Mobile. 

Xfinity Mobile prices are listed here https://www.xfinity.com/broadband-labels, but the plans are $20 a month By the Gig, $40 a month for Unlimited, and $50 a month for Unlimited Plus. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 months ago

My xfinitymobile bill went up $5.00 last month without notice. My by the gig phone went from $15 to $20. Last account adjustment was Dec. 2023. Why was I increased instead of grandfathered?

Official Employee

• 

826 Messages

Good Morning, pnsoc513! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here on Xfinity Forum. I completely understand needing the consistent billing, and the updated pricing for the Xfinity Mobile went into effect as of May 1st. The price is not a locked in promotion, and is subject to change. You can go here for more details https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/learn/plan/details?INTCMP=ILC:plan_unl. 

4 Messages

Changing the agreement with me who signed up for a specific plan is unacceptable. Such tactics are deceptive, and Verizon is now paying out $100 million for such practices. 

1 Message

3 months ago

My internet bill went from $55 a month to $85 a month last month, this month is over $135. Not only that but the service has been really terrible it has progressively gotten worse over the last three or four months. Last week and a half we had outages that last for a couple hours or more almost everyday. I'm not paying $135 a month for internet. Especially not really lousy internet. I work from home sometimes and I go to school online. Had it been $5 or $10 more That would have been fine. But my bill almost tripled and the service is half as good as it was before. Going into the office tomorrow and if there's not something they can do then I guess I won't have home internet. I can barely use it anyways. 🤷‍♀️ And yes I got a notification saying that a promotional price had ended. Really weird because when I set it up when I first moved into my apartment a little over 2 years ago I don't remember the lady saying anything about it only being for 2 years. Either way I am irritated. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

We are sorry to hear that you have been having a less than stellar experience with your service @user_5d3114.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message with your details so that my team and I can get to work on addressing your service and billing concerns.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

3 months ago

Facing the same issue right here, i happened to notice that my bill went from $50 per month to $108. I understand that it's been 2 years so it just bumps up per agreement but please notify us before really starting the bill increase.

Worse, I was switching to a different plan at a lower price and I did receive an email of successfully placing the order while I was still charged $108 this month.

Worst, I wanted to pay the $108 from last month and the website does NOT even allow me to do anything - it just left me a blank page for https://payments.xfinity.com/new

Overall the customer experience is frustrating for real.

This comment has been converted into a post

1 Message

2 months ago

My bill has now increased three consecutive months in a row with no notice.

May 2024 $59.99 [the monthly bill itself; a final partial-month ACP credit of $14 was separate to this]

June 2024 $75.99

July 2024 $89.99

August 2024 $110.00

No explanation in my August statement. And I can't access past statements online -- nothing shows up when I click on them.

But going through email, I've not received any email about increases. It's just happened, quietly, three months in a row.

One increase, if say a promotion ended or an annual rate increase happened, would be understandable -- if it were announced.

But three in a row? Unannounced? Internet is now 83% more expensive to provide than it was three months ago?

You guys are running a racket. An absolute racket.

4 Messages

@user_d0iu3e​ I had the same experience. Each time I called or visited the Xfinity store to get the plan I had signed up for, I only got the runaround. I read that Comcast has taken a big hit in the stock market. Also, as I had mentioned, these tactics are deceptive, and Verizon is now paying out $100 million for such practices.

Official Employee

• 

911 Messages

user_8dihkq thank you for using the Community Forums. Apologies for your previous experiences in the store location, but you are now connected to the best team within the company. We can absolutely take a look at your plan options together. Send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to get started.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here