U

Friday, August 16th, 2024 11:00 AM

Dispute of Service Technician charge of $100

I was charged $100 for a service technician. The problem was the result of Comcast's outside equipment hook-up to my house. I should not have been charged for this service call, and it is impossible to get in touch with a support agent. We are ready to switch to Verizon Fios.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

29 days ago

Thank you for reaching out @user_nw4yiv I am happy to review the account and billing with you. 

Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

@XfinityDena​ I received a credit for the $100, but my bill still reflects an extra $5.96, which was the applicable tax on the $100. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

14 days ago

I also have the same problem. I was told by 2 technicians over the phone, while they were trying to fix my problem, that it was the TV box that was bad, it either needed a software update or replaced and they would schedule a service appointment. I specifically asked if I would be charged for this. They both told me "NO" it was their faulty equipment.

The repair tech came and discovered it was not the TV box, but my television! I told him about the two Xfinity phone techs that told me it was the box and I would not be charged.

He then told me to dispute the charge and that all phone calls are recorded, so Xfinity would be able to hear those conversations and the inappropriate promise these 2 people made regarding the $100 service charge. How do I rectify this?

Thank you, [Edited: "Personal Information"]

P.S. I have been a customer for 30 years. That should count for something!

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here