M

Monday, October 14th, 2024 8:20 PM

Discount Inconsistency

I appreciate the $15 credit provided on my bill as a gesture of goodwill for the disruption caused by Hurricane Helene. I understand the considerable effort and expense involved in repairing the network and equipment under such challenging circumstances.

However, I would like to address a concern regarding my billing. My monthly bill is $65, and it has now been 17 days without consistent and reliable internet service. Given that I pay for full service over a 30-31 day billing cycle, it seems reasonable to request a proportional adjustment. Specifically, if I have been without service for approximately half the month, I believe a 50% reduction in my bill would be fair.

Additionally, the restoration date for service has been postponed multiple times, and it currently states "as soon as possible," a status that has remained unchanged for over 24 hours. As someone who works from home, this ongoing uncertainty is particularly challenging.

I fully appreciate the complexities involved in resolving a network-wide outage and the dedication of your team in addressing these issues. However, clear and consistent communication about service restoration timelines is crucial. I kindly request a more accurate update on the expected restoration date and a fair adjustment to my bill to reflect the extended outage.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 day ago

Thank you for reaching out to us here @MZ_A. I will be happy to take a look at any adjustment request from here for you. Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here