U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, January 18th, 2023 10:56 PM

Closed

Did the payment method change for automatic payments to qualify for a $10 discount?

I received an email asking me to change my automatic payment method from credit card to a direct bank withdrawal (ACH transaction) to be able to continue to qualify for a $10 discount. I am already signed up for automatic payment and paperless billing. Is the requirements changing?

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

1 year ago

Hey there @user_3a2e66 and thank you for bringing this question regarding self-service discount requirements to our attention here at the Xfinity Community Forums. Our self-service discount for opting into paperless billing and automatic payments does now differentiate between automatic payments with a credit/debit card or a bank account. Typically with a credit or debit card, you will receive a $5 monthly discount, and with a bank account a $10 billing discount. This should be detailed in the email correspondence you received, and please let me know if you have any questions about this!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

11 months ago

How is xfinity allowed to change these terms mid contract?

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@user_9cf727​ 

How is xfinity allowed to change these terms mid contract?

This has nothing to do with your plan, only in the way you pay for it, which is completely separate.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

If you’re currently enrolled in automatic payments with a credit or debit card:

• Your automatic payment and paperless billing discount will change from $10 per month to $5 per month 

Received this email. Is this legit Ask to replace credit card with Bank account?

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_df5090 That is accurate information. In order to get the full $10 off, you would need to link your bank account to the autopayments along with paperless billing. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

Does this give customers the right to cancel out of the service contract? Payment terms have materially changed.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_8b6e02 Great question. It does not give customers the right to cancel out a contract without penalties. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here