c2yorkies's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sun, Dec 6, 2020 2:00 PM

Credit for Customer-Owned Equipment

A long time ago, I was receiving credit for customer-owned equipment (one credit for a main TiVo DVR, with 2 mini TiVos). To receive the credit, I had to call.

The credit for the single DVR stopped for an unknown reason; since then, I upgraded the mini TiVos to full-fledged TiVo DVRs--so, now there are THREE DVRs, but ZERO credits. Instead, I'm being chaged $10 or $20 per month now for two DVRs and no credits. Sorry to be vague, but I cannot view billing details from my account.

I would love to be able to view billing details or be sent billing statements so that I could more timely question possible errors.

One of the times I went in to exchange a cablecard for one that would not activate, they said they needed to charge me for the card. Early This year (2020), after the start of Covid, they said they would charge to activate the TiVo cablecard. I'm now reducing the number of channels I have--just can't afford the bill with all the extra charges and no credits.
My next step will be to exchange the TiVo types and switch to over-the-air streaming so I can eliminate Comcast; can't think of other solutions. ~Cindy

Responses

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.4K Messages

6 m ago

@c2yorkies wrote: ... now there are THREE DVRs, but ZERO credits. ...

Please post the outcome of your customer service experience. Lots of Tivo owners are curious about this and would like to know the essence of what Comcast tells you.

ComcastAmira

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

6 m ago

Hello @c2yorkies, thanks for reaching out to our Digital Care Team on our Forums page about these billing concerns. We definitely do not want to lose you as a customer and absolutely understand the need to have a manageable bill. We would love to assist you with further looking into these equipment charges and addressing your service concerns as well. Can you please send me a Private Message including your first and last name as it appears on the account?

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “Send a message".

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

6 m ago

So far, tech support deactivated two of my Cablecards, causing signal loss on 2 of the 3 DVRs. The person thought this "fix" would remove the charges. Those charges were for the "digital additional outlet connection, including cablecard" and so needed to stay. It took a bit to restore the systems. The actual solution is that new line-items (credits) need to be added to my monthly billing going back years. Comcast is charging $9.95 each for the second and third "digital outlet connections," but only extending one "customer-owned equipment credit ($5.00)" for the first TiVo DVR; the second and third TiVo DVR are not being given a credit.
In terms of lowering my bill; the advice was that I didn't have a Package; so they would find a package for me. So far, it seems there isn't a package. They tried lowering the number of channels from 220 to 140 and decreasing internet speed from 1000 to 500; these two methods in combination saved $5 per month. That did not make sense to me! The following morning (after approximately 8 hours on the phone with Comcast/Xfinity on Sunday, with multiple representatives—at least 6 different people), Monday morning brought with it Xfinity's e-mail: "We're updating our pricing." According to the calculations provided by Comcast, the pricing update will increase my bill by $5.00. Seriously....

Official Employee

• 

375 Messages

6 m ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your billing concerns. I very much appreciate your patience and greatly apologize for the delay in our response. I know how important the services are to your home and we want to do all that we can to assist. We always have offers and options, available for our current customers I would love to get you set up with an account review. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, name on the account if different, service address and account number? If you’re having trouble locating this information, you can also reference our world-class MyAccount app to view all of your account details by the simple touch of your fingertips! Please follow the process here to learn how to obtain that information: comca.st/30x1qW2. 

New to the Community?

Start Here