U

Tuesday, August 22nd, 2023 3:58 PM

Closed

Credit for a service outage.

How do I request credit for an internet outage that lasted 11 days at my home? I tried using the outage credit tool and it says there were no outages during that time period, but I have text messages from Xfinity clearly stating that there was an outage. It also took me over a week to get a technician out to my home to determine that my internet outage was caused by faulty equipment outside my home.

To say that my customer experience during this outage has been abysmal is a gross understatement. Considering that I am a Diamond customer of Xfinity of over 20 years I feel that I should have received far better service than I did. For the longest time Xfinity has been my only option for high speed internet at my home, but that is no longer the case as other providers have come into my area. I deserve at the very least, credit for the 11 days that I was without internet access. If Xfinity does nothing in this regard, I will be forced to consider changing my internet provider.

Sincerely,

Peter [Edit: personal information]

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

11 months ago

Welcome to our Community Forum, @user_a92fa6! As someone who works from home, I get stressed when I lose connection for even an hour, so I can't imagine the frustration of dealing with that for 11 days! I would not want to pay for service I couldn't use, so I'll definitely apply a credit for that time. I'm here to turn this experience around.

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help :).

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

How do I apply for outage credit?

This reply has been converted into a post
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here