Mwallst's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, February 24th, 2021 8:00 PM

Closed

Continuously Being Billed for Equipment that a Technician Removed From my Home

Tech visited my home 12/09/20 to replace a faulty modem. He removed it and then replaced it with a new gateway. Told me I need to do nothing. In classic xfinity style, the past two months I have been hit with a 14 dollar fee for inactive equipment in my home. On top of that, there is also a 12.64 charge for the same piece of equipment. I spoke 2/4 with a rep on the phone that said it was supposed to be tracked down by 2/19 and she would call me to tell me the status. Any guess what happened? No call. No update. No nothing. What there is though, is multiple charges on my account for this next bill for this unreturned equipment that the technician removed from my home on 12/9. Three months later and I’m still baffled why this is happening and why it’s my problem. I didn’t ask for the equipment to break and need to be replaced. I am a college student that lives alone and relies on a minimum wage on campus clerical job to pay the bills. A large majority of my check goes to this new equipment charge that I do not have in my possession. With such high charges, it’s hard to pay other bills. I decide whether to keep the phone connected or keep the WiFi connected to take my zoom courses.

Here is the case number for anyone who wants to take three minutes and figure out why I am still being charged for something I physically do not have in my possession.
ER052270146

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @Mwallst, how are you? I hope overall you are doing well. I'm sorry about the equipment issue. It's rare but something like this happens occasionally and we are equipped to get the equipment removed and credit your account. It's been a while since I have been in college, but it seems like just yesterday I was! I remember how challenging it was to manage everything with so much going on. Just send us a private message with your name and service address so we can resolve this issue and get this over with. If you have never sent us a PM this link can come in handy. The "Private Messenger" section at the bottom is a good reference. https://comca.st/3q0M4pH

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here