U

Sunday, September 8th, 2024 7:15 PM

Complaint Regarding Misleading Sales Practices at Xfinity Store

Dear Xfinity Customer Service,

I am writing to express my deep dissatisfaction and frustration with the misleading sales practices I encountered at your store located at 3164 N Miami Ave, Miami, FL, 33127. I recently visited this store to set up internet service for my apartment, intending to purchase a 300 Mbps plan. During the process, I was assisted by Sales Consultant [EDIT: name], who offered me a deal for 500 Mbps of internet speed along with a “free” mobile line for one year.

I asked multiple times during the conversation how much I would be paying monthly for this package, and I was repeatedly reassured that my monthly bill would be $75.00, or $65.00 if I enrolled in automatic payments, which I did. Based on this precise information, I agreed to the offer and transferred my phone number to Xfinity.

However, when I received my first bill, I was shocked to see that I am being charged $42.81 per month for the mobile service in addition to the $75.00 for the internet service. When I called your billing department, I was told that “technically the line is free because I am receiving a discount on my internet service bill.” This is not what was communicated to me at the store, and it directly contradicts the assurances given by your representative.

The billing agent further stated that some stores offer deals that are not recognized in the system and suggested I contact the store where the deal was made. This is unacceptable, as I relied on the information provided by Xfinity’s representative to make an informed decision. The only reason I switched from my previous provider, T-Mobile, was because of the promise of a “free” mobile line. It is now clear that this was a tactic to deceive and secure a new customer under false pretenses.

I feel that I have been scammed by Xfinity, and this is an unethical way to treat customers. Xfinity should be accountable for the offers made by its representatives, whether in-store or otherwise. It is incredibly disappointing to see a company engage in such dishonest practices, eroding customer trust and loyalty.

I am requesting immediate action to rectify this situation and adjust my billing to reflect the agreement as promised: $65.00 per month for both internet and mobile services with the automatic payment discount. Otherwise, you are right about stealing from people, and of course, I will transfer back to my old company. This company would not be trustworthy.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 month ago

Thank you, @user_6uo6mc, for connecting with us here in our community about your store visit. We are sorry to hear about the experience, and we will do our best to turn this around. In order to review your account, please send us a Direct Message with your full name, and complete service address. We look forward to hearing back from you. 

To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message.

2 Messages

Hello, after my comment I was contacted by representatives. I was told that they would comply with the initial promotion. Hence, I would be accredited the unlimited free line for a year and that change would be reflected in about two or three days. This was on Sept 11th. I waited and waited. The bill is due on Sept 28th, and it seems that I will need to pay it. Hence, no solution was found. Still fake promotions! 

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

@user_6uo6mc We definitely understand the frustration. Rest assured that we will continue to work with you via DM until the billing concern has been fully resolved. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here