KF2417's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

16 Messages

Saturday, March 27th, 2021 11:36 PM

Closed

Charges for Replacing Two Cable Boxes

Xfinity Bill due April 19 has $80.24 additional charges due to replacing two old cable boxes with newer versions.  Replaced main box to get support for 4k TV.  Replaced secondary cable box to support streaming services.

• March 2, ordered replacement for two cable boxes from Xfinity customer service
  • March 5, received two new cable boxes.
  • March 8, returned old cable boxes at UPS store using label provided by Xfinity. Tracking number 1Z5468WW9032714460
  • March 10, old cable boxes received by Xfinity
  • March 27, Xfinity bill posted. Included the following additional charges:

Partial Charges

• $26.99 Partial charge for adding service to an additional TV

Regular Monthly charges

• $19.95 Service to an additional TV with AnyRoom DVR Service
    This is not on a normal bill
  • $19.90 Service to Additional TV with TV Box Qty 2 @ 9.95 each
    Normally this is $9.95

One-time Charges

• $15.00 Shipping and Handling Getting Started Kit

Taxes, fees and other charges

• $8.35 more than a normal bill

I was told by customer service that I would pay $15.00 to replace the two cable boxes.  I was told there would be a charge for the new cable boxes but that it would be credited if I returned them quickly, which I did.  I would like the additional charges removed from by bill.

Problem Solver

• 

409 Messages

3 years ago

Hello there, and thank you for bringing this to our attention through our Forums page! I understand there are some items that are being charged to your account, and these charges were expected to be credited back to you. Being a single parent of two toddlers, I can most definitely appreciate the effort to reach out. Rest assured; you're with a pro, and I will be more than happy to help! 

Before we begin, can you please send me a private message, including your full name, and your full address, by clicking on the chat icon, in the top right-hand corner of your screen? Thank you in advance, and I look forward to speaking with you!

Regular Visitor

• 

16 Messages

3 years ago

ComcastTylerJ, I tried starting a peer to peer chat with you but it will not allow me to enter your name.  Did I wait too long to reply?

Official Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

Hey, @KF2417! There is no time limit on when you would need to reply. In the "TO" section you would want to look for Xfinity Support and that should come to anyone one of us so we may further assist you! We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to working with you.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here