U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, September 22nd, 2021 10:15 PM

Closed

Charges for a technician

We had been having issues without internet running in and out, and we wanted to upgrade our service. When we called to upgrade the service we still couldn’t get it to work so a technician was sent out. We were told that if it’s their equipment or if it’s not our fault we wouldn’t be charged. When asked to sign something for the technician to come the woman explained that it said we wouldn’t be charged, we weren’t sent a copy of what we signed until after we signed it. The technician came and it was something outside that water was getting into causing our internet not to work. The technician explained that we wouldn’t be charged. So the next month our bill comes and there’s a $100 charge. I talked with them via chat and was told there wasn’t anything they could do because they have to charge that no matter what the technician did. I called and was told they began enforcing that in January 2021 and there was nothing they could do. Now I get on xfinity forums and find where xfinity explained that there isn’t a charge for technician services if it’s their equipment and others saying they weren’t charged for their technicians coming. I feel like we’re getting the run around. Does anyone have experience with this or advice on what to do?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Administrator

• 

656 Messages

3 years ago

After reviewing the account, and the work order, it was determined the customer base issue was a degraded drop, meaning the line outside the home connecting the premise to the tap. In this instance, the account is eligible for an installation waiver. As of 9/22/2021, our chargeable visits policy is as follows:

What types of service visits do not incur a charge?

• Premise Health Test (PHT All Out): If the customer is out of service on all devices, a customer should not be charged for a trouble call.
  • Low MoCA: If you determine through the normal course of troubleshooting that MoCA performance is sub-standard, a customer should not be charged for a trouble call.
  • Degraded Internet: If you determine through the normal course of troubleshooting that Xfinity Internet performance is degraded, a customer should not be charged for a trouble call.
  • Service Protection Plan (SPP): If the customer has SPP, then the customer will not be charged. (Note: As of May 9, 2018, the Service Protection Plan is no longer available for new subscriptions.)
  • Repeat service visits if it's within 30 days of a completed trouble call or installation (excludes “customer not at home” or "outside only" jobs).

What types of service visits do incur a charge?

• In-home Customer Education about Xfinity services where it’s the only repair solution. (i.e; Showing a customer how to change an input on a TV, exclusions may apply for accessibility customers)
  • Any repairs, replacements or reconfigurations of the wiring in the customer’s home. Xfinity is not responsible for in-home wiring, regardless of original installation, nor do our technicians perform custom work including wall fishing.
  • Where the equipment that the customer owns, and not Xfinity equipment, is the cause of the service issue. For example, a customer laptop is out of date or a fax machine is not synchronizing. The device manufacturer should be the point of contact for these types of issues.

Installation charges may apply for customers who self-activate or self-install within a 30-day period, as outlined in the digital approval screen upon sign-up or when a modification of services has been made.

In some instances, a self-installation is not available. These instances include:

• If we've never connected service to a customer's home, then a technician needs to verify the integrity of the home's wiring.
  • If the home has not had Comcast services for an extended period of time, generally 6-12+ months, then a technician needs to verify the integrity of the home's wiring.
  • If the home was previously connected with a difference service provider, then a technician needs to verify the integrity of the home's wiring.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hi user_5b3436, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to reach out to us here with this concern. I know those fees added to the account can be quite alarming when you see them and we certainly don't want to put you in a tight spot financially with Covid still threatening many jobs. I'd be happy to look into this for you and possibly credit the amount back if this was indeed our modem issue. To better assist you could you please send us a private message with your full name and street address?

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityAmir ok I did

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_5b3436 it wasn’t a modem issue, they called it a “drop” issue where water was getting it, they said it was a metal piece on the line they ran 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here