U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Mar 10, 2022 2:09 AM

charged for termination fee deactivated account-went to debt collection- Xfinity gent promised refund- very poor response

I have been charged termination fee on my old deactivated account- {account specific info removed} (even it was month to month basis) and my profile has linked to current active xfinity account. It was Xfinity agent who called me before deactivating my account, confirmed my current account was linked{account specific info removed} in my profile during Nov 2021, won't be charged any fee.  After seeing termination fee end of November 2021, I was consistently chatting with agent and promised refund of termination fee because it was wrongly charged on my account. Every time agent raised ticket for refund, suggested me to wait 4 weeks.  1st attempt ticket raised (December 2021, money never refunded  & 2nd attempt agent said check is on the way- total 8 weeks passed. Since didn't receive check, raised issue on Jan 2022 and agent directed me to go to store so that issue will resolved quickly (refund Case reference number -053679814). Since it was dragging 3months, raised dispute payment  with credit card company. The money was refunded by credit card company - Chase.

Since Credit card returned the fee, on Feb 2022 Xfinity charged me credit card recharge fee $119 again . I raised issue Mid Feb to Xfinity agent (case reference - 331122412186690746), promised they will take care and I don't need to pay the fee. 

Irrespective all the promises from Xfinity chat agent promises, wrongly charged termination fee was referred to Debt collecting agency. I have all the copies ( Chat window)  Xfinity chat agent. This is really poor response and support from Xfinity. 

Official Employee

• 

604 Messages

5 m ago

Hello, thanks for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your billing and refund concerns. I can certainly understand how frustrating it would be to be promised something and it not followed through with. I would love to get to the bottom of this with you. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, name on the account if different and service address? 

To send a direct message:

Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page. 
From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send.

An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

I have the same issues, except all of my conversations were over the phone, so no chat picture receipts. Comcast called EVERY SINGLE DAY for months so I started ignoring them because it was always the same conversation: "You have a past-due bill." "I moved and canceled service at that old location and have been getting billed for months still." "Okay, sorry sir, I'll cancel that service for you and remove those incorrect bills." "Cool, thanks." Day after day I would have the same conversation, and now months later I have a debt collector calling me and a ding on my credit score. No email or letter in the mail stating debt would be referred to the collector. Unacceptable way to treat customers.

Official Employee

• 

72 Messages

Hey there, @user_d6b935. I understand unexpected bills can be frustrating after multiple confirmations the account was closed. Let's go over your account together and see what our options are to get this balance taken care of for you. Rest assured that you’re connected with the right team to take care of all of your Xfinity questions and concerns. If you could please DM us with your first and last name along with your full-service address in question, we can get started. 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here