U

Friday, May 10th, 2024 3:45 AM

Charged for an unused Netflix account

I was billed for 5 months of Netflix because it must have accidentally created a new account on my Flex box when I made a mistake logging in. When I realized it I had to call Comcast multiple times to get them to stop charging me the monthly Netflix fee, but the damage was already done by the time it "cancelled."  Now nobody can help me resolve the refund for the money that was taken, because Comcast keeps telling me that it's a "third party" app and they don't deal with this issue. But when I contact Netflix they have no record of any account, because I never made an account with them, it's all attached to my Comcast box and account.

This is a Comcast problem and I've probably called up to 10 times for hours each time trying to get this resolved and it never happens. I don't understand how the customer service is this terrible and every time I try to get this escalated to speak to a manager, they say they will not do it. So I just keep running around in the same circle with the same problem. On top of that Comcast decided to increase their regular service fees so I'm being charged double for the same level of service as about a year ago. Comcast pulled the funds, so even if the money got sent to Netflix eventually, they should be able to work with me and Netflix to resolve this issue of paying for an unused account. 

Official Employee

• 

943 Messages

11 days ago

Hello @user_65dq5w, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your night to leave a post on our community forum. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

5 Messages

There is no Xfinity Support option?

Official Employee

• 

943 Messages

11 days ago

@user_65dq5w, Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: • Click "Sign In" if necessary • Click the "Direct message" icon (upper right corner of this page) • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send your message

5 Messages

I sent a message via this process

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here