U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, December 13th, 2022 2:18 AM

Closed

Charged a $100 "installation fee" for a technician visit, after being told that due to Xfinity's faulty equipment, it would be free.

We were charged a $100 "installation fee" for an in-home technician visit, after being told by both the technician and the customer service agent, who made the original appointment that there would be NO charge if the problem was due to Comcast equipment.  These are the facts: we were having constant issues with our TV cable box and, after several attempts to resolve the issue over the phone, Comcast suggested sending us a new box, which we installed ourselves.  Unfortunately, the new box did not work properly, so Xfinity sent a technician to assess the problem.  We were told that if the issue was with their equipment, there would be no charge for the visit.  The issue was with their equipment, which the technician said was an out of date cable box that should never have been sent.  He removed it, and gave us a new box, which works well, so far.  We would not have needed either the technician or the replacement box, if the original unit sent be Comcast had worked as promised.  When he left, the technician assured us there would be NO charge, as the fault was with Comcast equipment.  And yet... there it is on our bill.  When I called to question it, I spoke with an extremely rude and incompetent agent, who barely spoke English, but kept insisting it was a "valid charge".  I asked to speak with her supervisor, and she at first refused, insisting that the supervisor would tell me the same thing, and then put me on hold for over 20 minutes.  I had an appointment, and as it seemed clear that the agent was never going to connect with her supervisor, I hung up.  This sort of blatant misinformation, false advertising and terrible customer service communication is definitely no way to run a business, or create goodwill among your customers.    

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

2 years ago

@user_f2e7f4 I do want to thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out through our Forums. I can tell you have not had the best experience and I assure you I am here to do everything I can to turn this around. Can you please send us a Direct Message so we can retrieve the account? 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it
See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Follow up to my comment above:  Xfinity addressed my issue in a prompt, gracious and totally satisfactory way.  They waived the $100 fee and apologized for the inconvenience.  Unfortunately, I had to initially deal with a totally incompetent employee over the phone, but the agent who helped me on this site remedied the situation and renewed my faith in true customer service.  I'm very grateful! 

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

We are so pleased to have had the opportunity to help out! Our team is always here and available for you any time of day, any day of the week! We hope you have an amazing rest of your day, and Happy Holidays! Please don't ever hesitate to reach out! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

7 months of no WiFi while being charged. Charged 100 dollars for a fee. Have spoken to 40 reps who have told me I was reimbursed 150 dollars and would receive a reciept in 3-5 business days. All incompetent and a huge scam. Long hold times and rude aggressive costumer service agents with no solution.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Reimburse me and fix my internet please, this is insane.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@Xfinityisnogood Good evening! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team. I can see how this would a frustrating scenario. I would be delighted to assist you with your services, and the charges to your account this evening. To begin, can you please send a Direct Message with your name, the name on your account, and the service address we will be working with this evening? 

To send a "Direct Message" message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I recently went through something very similar. I was having intermittent dropouts on my cable service.

TV as well as my Internet, and it would happen multiple times a day over the course of a couple of weeks.

Did the usual 'Refresh the modem thing' multiple times but nothing fixed the problem, still lost the connection on and off. Had to call for a service tech to check things out. He said he needed to come into the house to test signals etc. I asked him if I was going to be charged for him having to come inside and he reassured me that I would NOT be charged.

Well guess what !? I WAS charged and when I called Comcast I got the same response as others have, that it was a VALID charge and that nothing could be done about it. I was offered an 'escalation ticket' and I accepted and am waiting for a call within 48 hours. I REALLY don`t like being lied to :(

My service up to this point has been good with no issues for quite awhile. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

While waiting for the call, I`d like to add that the culprit, according to the service yep, was in the Comcast provided wire connections.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Well no phone call yet. Is this forum active or am I wasting my time ???

Contributor

• 

127 Messages

Hello @s-a-k thank you for reaching out to Xfinity through our Forums! I am sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with a charge for a technician visit. I would be more than happy to investigate this for you. To get started, please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name, as well as your full and complete address. Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

This board came through for me !

Thank you for helping me get this sorted out.

I never did get that return call on the problem and I`m glad I came here while I was waiting.

Thanks again for helping ! 

Contributor

• 

127 Messages

It was our pleasure assisting you today! Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity through our Forums, and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here