U

Tuesday, July 23rd, 2024 2:18 PM

Charge for Exceeding Data Amount

I received an email that I was at 90% of my data for the month, but that I would not be charged as I had not gone over in the past 12 months.   I thought this was great as I had just acquired a new PC and the overage was a one time issue due to having to re-download a large volume of apps.  However today I received a message that I went over my data and would be charged for data.  This makes absolutely no sense based on the first e-mail and I just want to ensure that I don't get charged for this one time event.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

3 months ago

user_gra88a, Hi! Welcome to XFINITY over our forums page and thank you for spending your time today to reach out for help with the data usage concern. Congrats on that new PC. I had to redownload some games for my Xbox so I can relate to that one time event. We are the right place to go for help. With XFINITY, we offer one courtesy month per 12-month period, so you won't be billed the first time you exceed 1.2 TB in a month. How does this sound?

2 Messages

Yes, that's perfect, I just wanted to confirm that would actually be the case as the messages I got on this were contradicting each other.  I am content with the one courtesy month!

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_gra88a, Glad to hear it. Depending on your location, you should also know about our xFi Complete service. Have you heard of it? For a low cost, xFi Complete includes:

-xFi Advanced Gateway, our most intelligent and secure Gateway — including xFi Advanced Security. It’s like a complete security system for all of your connected devices to protect from malicious websites and hackers.

-Unlimited Data for the unlimited ways you use your WiFi.

-Ongoing home WiFi assessments to help optimize your network’s performance throughout your home.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here