user_2rqajx's profile

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

Saturday, May 18th, 2024 4:37 PM

Can't unsubscribe Disney Plus

I want to unsubscribe to Disney Plus. On my Xfinity account, it says to unsubscribe, go to disneyplus.com. I did that and it said to unsubscribe to Disney Plus, I need to do that on my Xfinity account. Since i couldn't unsubscribe at either place, I called Comcast and they looked at it and told me I had to go to Disney Plus to do that. I explained that this was a tight loop and couldn't get it done at either Disney Plus or at Xfinity.com. The Comcast employee I talked to didn't know what to do either. Has anyone else seen this problem and maybe have a solution? Or, is there an Xfinity employee that maybe knows the solution? Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

4 months ago

I was finally able to unsubscribe from Disney+ by calling Disney+ customer support. They were able to get it canceled for me. I don’t know how it got into that strange loop Where Xfinity said cancel at Disney and Disney said cancel it Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you @jwhitfill so much for the update! I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and the time you had to take to get Disney+ canceled. Are there any other service or account concerns I can assist you with today?-Richard

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

@user_2rqajx I'm having the same issue - it's seriously so frustrating to get the runaround when both parties are saying to go to the other site/app to cancel. I will try calling Disney Plus. I signed up through my xfinity app, but xfinity won't give me the option to cancel.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Hello, @user_fhy36j thank you for taking time out of your day to reply to this post. I definitely understand the frustration when trying to get Disney + unsubscribed. It definitely sounds like you're doing everything you can from your end contacting Disney +, as well as attempting the steps from our end: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/manage-disney-plus-on-x1-flex

I would like to help get your subscription cancelled, and since I will need to gather some information to locate your account. When you have time would you please send a direct message.

To send a direct message: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

WHERE is this direct message icon? On the upper right of the page? On the upper right of your message, on the upper right of my dang tv, WHERE?????? I swear, y'all can be the most frustrating company in the history of companies!!

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Hello @Steve-W1! While you are able to access Disney+ from your X1 box, Xfinity does not manage the subscription, and all subscriptions to Disney+ must be cancelled directly through Disney+. We do not bill customers for Disney+. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with. I'm more than happy to help! 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 months ago

Hello @jwhitfill, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. 

To unsubscribe from Disney Plus, you can follow these steps:

On the Disney Plus Website:

1. Go to the Disney Plus website and log in to your account.
  2. Click on your profile icon in the top right corner.
  3. Select "Account" from the dropdown menu.
  4. In the "Subscription" section, click on "Billing Details".
  5. Click on "Cancel Subscription" and follow the prompts to confirm the cancellation.

On the Disney Plus App (Mobile):

1. Open the Disney Plus app on your mobile device.
  2. Tap on your profile icon in the bottom right corner.
  3. Select "Account".
  4. Tap on "Billing Details".
  5. Tap "Cancel Subscription" and follow the prompts to confirm the cancellation.  

By following these steps, you should be able to successfully unsubscribe from Disney Plus. 

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

I went to the disney plus website and it said go to Xfinity account to unsubscribe. The DisneyPlus app does not have any path in the menus to unsubscribe.

Official Employee

• 

507 Messages

How did you sign up for the current active Disney+ service? 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Disney+ says to go to Xfinity, and Xfinity says to go to Disney+. There is no "Billing Details" section in the Account section of Disney+ either on mobile or computer. Seriously, how do you cancel Disney+?????

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @user_4qxnbp Thank you so much for your time and patience. I do apologize for the inconvenience this is causing trying to cancel Disney+. Did you sign up for Disney+ through the Disney Plus APP?-Richard

2 Messages

I don't know how I signed up, but Disney+ is billed on my xfinity bill

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Great, @user_4qxnbp thank you for that information. Let's get your account pulled. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.-Richard

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 months ago

Any resolution to this? I've been going back and forth, signing in and out, on my phone, my "comcast device," (i.e. my TV), my computer, and no luck. As others have said ... SERIOUSLY HOW DO I CANCEL? Are you (Disney and Xfinity) doing this intentionally?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

I'm having the exact same problem here. It's obviously wide spread, so what is the solution??

1 Message

3 months ago

I have the same problem here

1 Message

3 months ago

How did Comcast end up billing my Disney plus ESPN Hulu account. I had long standing accounts and have been double billed for months. I tried to cancel and Comcast said call Disney. 

They said call comcast? I am sorry I am unsure how it came about and what part of my contract this agreement is in. I would like to see it.

Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

507 Messages

Let's dive into your account and see what we can come up with from our end. If you could please send me a DM with your first and last name along with your full-service address, we can get started.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

1 Message

3 months ago

Yes! Having the same problem been trying to cancel for months, same loop. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

3 Messages

3 months ago

i have the same problem

3 Messages

3 months ago

i am having the same problem

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_h12jqn, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with Disney Plus, and I'd like to provide more information. 

To unsubscribe from Disney Plus through Xfinity, follow these steps:

Online via Xfinity Website

1. Log in to your Xfinity account:

• Go to xfinity.com and log in with your Xfinity credentials.
  2. Access the 'Subscriptions' section:

• Navigate to the ‘Manage Your Subscriptions’ section under your account settings.
  3. Find Disney Plus:

• Locate Disney Plus in your list of active subscriptions.
  4. Unsubscribe:

• Click on the option to unsubscribe or cancel your subscription. Follow any additional prompts to confirm the cancellation.

Using the Xfinity My Account App

1. Open the Xfinity My Account App:

• Launch the app on your mobile device and log in if necessary.
  2. Manage Subscriptions:

• Go to the 'Manage TV' section or the 'Subscriptions' section.
  3. Select Disney Plus:

• Find Disney Plus in your active subscriptions list.
  4. Unsubscribe:

• Select the option to unsubscribe and follow the prompts to confirm.

4 Messages

2 months ago

In the comment section here, Xfinity customer rep ("XfinityTy") says Xfinity "does not bill customers for Disney+."  That's ridiculous.  It is on my Xfinity bill, as I'm sure it is on millions of others who signed up for Disney+ on Xfinity.  Let me be clear with you because I promise you neither Xfinity nor Disney will do the same.  I signed up for Disney+ through Xfinity and pay for it on my Xfinity bill.  I'm obviously having the same problem that everyone here is having - Xfinity says to cancel subscription on Disney website, while Disney says to do it on Xfinity.  This is very important - Deleting your Disney account is not the same thing as cancelling your subscription.  If you delete your Disney account without first cancelling your subscription, you will still be charged, and I assume it will makes things significantly more difficult on you to try to cancel your subscription after your account is deleted.  Here's the best part - neither party tells you in their instructions how to do this properly because they don't want you to know.  Both parties are well aware of this issue (because they created it), yet have no interest in correcting.  I've spent hours upon hours of my day going back and forth trying to follow the instructions of both Xfinity and Disney only to find here in the forum that both parties' instructions are bogus - IT CAN'T BE DONE FOLLOWING EITHER PARTIES' INSTRUCTIONS.  If you have to call Disney+ to cancel the subscription (as suggested below - I haven't tried it yet), then why don't either party's instructions say that?  It's fraud, plain and simple, with the singular goal to make it so difficult on their customers that they eventually give up and keep paying.  It's the exact same issue you'll have if you try to reduce or cancel your Xfinity plan on the Xfinity website.  You can't do it.  You have to call...during business hours...while you're at work.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

@TAA1971

thank you for taking time out of your day to reply to this post. I definitely understand the frustration when trying to get Disney + unsubscribed. It definitely sounds like you're doing everything you can from your end even contacting Disney +, as well as attempting the steps from our end: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/manage-disney-plus-on-x1-flex

I would like to review the account to see if I can find anything causing Disney + to be unable to unsubscribe from your Xfinity bill, since I will need to gather some information to locate your account. When you have time would you please send a direct message.

To send a direct message: 

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address. 

4 Messages

Why would I waste more time with Xfinity when a) you posted a link with the same instructions that do not work for anyone (read your own forum), and b) an Xfinity user already posted  in this forum above that he already went through this same ridiculous exercise, and the only way to unsubscribe to Disney+ is to call Disney+?  Your customers have to find their own solutions because Xfinity and Disney intentionally provide incorrect instructions to defraud us. 

4 Messages

You'll probably just delete this message too, but I'll play your game.  I've already spent 3 hours following your instructions.  What's another hour or two, right?

1 Message

2 months ago

Nice to know I'm not the only one confused. There's no option to unsubscribe through either party. There's no "direct message" link. I'm gonna call Disney Plus customer service and get this handled since Xfinity doesn't want to help

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_nypg4f, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. 

To unsubscribe from Disney+ through your Xfinity account, follow these steps:

1. Log in to Your Xfinity Account:

• Go to the Xfinity website or open the Xfinity app.
    • Enter your username and password to log in.
  2. Navigate to Subscriptions:

• Find the section for "My Account" or "Subscriptions." This may vary slightly based on the interface.
  3. Locate Disney+:

• Look for Disney+ in your list of subscriptions or services.
  4. Manage Subscription:

• Select Disney+ and look for an option to "Manage Subscription" or "Cancel Subscription."
  5. Confirm Cancellation:

• Follow the prompts to confirm that you want to unsubscribe.
  6. Check for Confirmation:

• Make sure you receive a confirmation email or notification that your subscription has been canceled.

1 Message

to all of you official XFinity Empoyees -- you are all incorrect nd not listening to the users on this forum.  There are no options to cancel on either Disney or Comcast website, as users have pointed out. Live Chat is useless. I finally a got a Comcast live person to cancel the subscription.  Xfiity employees should be ashamed of themselves for not knowing what they are talking about. And Xfinity needs to fix their website to allow for cancellations if billing is done through Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

@user_mqdokh I understand how frustrating this is. It can depend on how you initially signed up for Disney+. If you are being billed for it on your bill, but signed up originally via the Disney+ website, you would need to contact Disney+ to fully cancel that subscription. All we are able to do is stop billing through Xfinity.

1 Message

29 days ago

Morgan and Morgan sounds fair at this point. Two companies have created [Edit: Inflammatory] more hours than can be counted of paying customers time. Enough is enough!!!

(edited)

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

28 days ago

It is still impossible to cancel a Disney Plus subscription. 

You get stuck in a loop where Comcast App or on your TV,  says you need to do this in the app or website,  Disney says you need to do this online and then tells you you need to do this via your provider! 

they have removed the option to cancel your Subscription.  I wasted hours trying one day and then the next just in case I did something wrong. 

and then when you call Xfinity you get stuck in an AI loop, where it just keeps wanting to restart your modem!   

finally spoke to a Xfinity representative and they canceled the subscription . 

3 Messages

@ed412 

i finally got is cancelled

it did take some time tho

(edited)

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

28 days ago

The same has just happened to me.   You get stuck in a loop with Apps , via the TV , and websites.      They have removed the option to cancel the subscription both on Disney ( website, App, via TV)  and at Xfinity (App , website and via cable). 
I finally got through to a representative ( AI feature is a nightmare) and he very easily canceled the subscription , I hope.     

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here